Boat fire extinguisher

• Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

My fire extinguisher has hit its 12 year life and is getting replaced. I really have never liked the location it was in as it was potentially hard to get to- under the console. Where is your fire extinguisher mounted, does anyone have it mounted horizontally? If you have it horizontal, what bracket did you use to hold it? I know my current one is too tall to mount it in front of my console where I see them often mounted, and moving it to the port side there is no console and an angled wall it would have to mount to and I worry about the gauge and head getting damaged. I am considering mounting it horizontally on the rod locker bulk head, under the driver seat.
    :?::?::?::?::?

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Not sure if you have this option, but mine has always rode up in the bow behind the cargo netting. Totally out of the way but easy to get to.

Attachments:
    1. 002.jpg

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

I have a single console boat and I mounted mine horizontal right under the throttle/shiftier leaver using bracket that came with it.
    It’s out of the way but it’s right there.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Vertical and right in front of counsel

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20160214090708108.jpg

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

When you consider a place to mount it keep in mind most fires are from the engine area or where the fuse blocks are. Try to keep from mounting extinguishers too close to where fires can originate. The last thing you want to do is have to get too close to a fire to get an extinguisher.
    Cant predict it all but there are considerations that may help.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

..and take them out each year and turn them upside down and tap them with a rubber mallet. The baking soda will cake up and it’s not a good feeling when squeezing the handle and nothing comes out. )

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

F.K that is an area I was considering, have you ever had anyone kick the gauge off there?

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Nope, have never kicked it.

catnip
    south metro

Your old fire extinguisher will make a fun target dont throw it away.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I enjoy shooting, but that’s just not my thing. I have 4 expired 2.5 pounders, still all charged, if anyone wants to come collect them in SE Wisconsin to have themselves some fun.

sktrwx2200

FishBLOOD,

Did you redo the inside of your boat? The carpeting looks oddly clean for a Catfish/sturgeon guy! lol .. looks good!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You should smell it.
    She’s full of fish blood and river mud

My extinguisher was new last year and I have it a pounding yesterday to loosen the caked soda. Should do that more often I guess for as much use as the boat gets.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

… and it’s not a good feeling when squeezing the handle and nothing comes out. )

Those were my exact sentiments following my recent prostate surgery.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>catnip wrote:</div>

I enjoy shooting, but that’s just not my thing. I have 4 expired 2.5 pounders, still all charged, if anyone wants to come collect them in SE Wisconsin to have themselves some fun.

Give the to local fire dept. They use them for practice and demos to school kids etc.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>
    … and it’s not a good feeling when squeezing the handle and nothing comes out. )

Those were my exact sentiments following my recent prostate surgery.

Now That’s Funny!! rotflol rotflol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.