Boat Dimensions (on trailer)

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve researched online and found a wide range of answers to this question. If someone can help me out with the specific dimensions of their own setups it’d be a great help (and I’ll owe you a beer if our paths ever cross). If you can respond, let me know if you have a bunk or roller trailer.

I’m looking for the total width and length measurements (at absolute widest and longest points on trailer with folded tongue) for the following models with full windshields:

Alumacraft Competitor 185
    Lund Impact 1850/1875
    Lund Crossover 1875

Thanks toast

munchy
    NULL

Its also probably going to depend on which motor is on the back. I’d assume HP, model, and manufacturer would make a difference in length. Also if it needs to be tilted up or down.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

next question… can anyone verify if these models fit in a 7′ garage door with the full windshield?

I see the height is listed at exactly 7′. I’d much rather store it in the garage by the house than in one of our sheds down the hill. Thanks!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Often the motor height is more of a issue then windshield height.

munchy
    NULL

Agreed.
    Bucky, for something with dimensions as close as it sounds like you have it will likely be best to measure the exact boat, motor, trailer combo you’re looking for. And even with that it still may not fit depending on how steep the driveway is, your approach angle, height of hitch, etc.

navtiller
    chippewa falls

Regarding fitting a Lund Impact 1875xs into a 7 foot door garage door, there a several variables that may seem minor but could have huge implications…its that close. What trailer, roller or bunk? Is the approach to garage level or inclined? What size drop do you have on trailer hitch?

I have a Shorelander bunk trailer, flat approach, and 2 inch drop on hitch. I need to trim motor down and then back in slowly and it clears by maybe 1/8 of an inch. Hope this helps.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Regarding fitting a Lund Impact 1875xs into a 7 foot door garage door, there a several variables that may seem minor but could have huge implications…its that close. What trailer, roller or bunk? Is the approach to garage level or inclined? What size drop do you have on trailer hitch?

I have a Shorelander bunk trailer, flat approach, and 2 inch drop on hitch. I need to trim motor down and then back in slowly and it clears by maybe 1/8 of an inch. Hope this helps.

I’d be looking at a slight incline for my driveway, and I think a 2″ hitch drop. My current boat is on bunks and that’s what I’d prefer in anything else if possible. Do most roller trailers sit the boat a bit higher than bunks? Thanks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>navtiller wrote:</div>

I’d be looking at a slight incline for my driveway, and I think a 2″ hitch drop. My current boat is on bunks and that’s what I’d prefer in anything else if possible. Do most roller trailers sit the boat a bit higher than bunks? Thanks.

In my experience yes.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Agreed.
    Bucky, for something with dimensions as close as it sounds like you have it will likely be best to measure the exact boat, motor, trailer combo you’re looking for. And even with that it still may not fit depending on how steep the driveway is, your approach angle, height of hitch, etc.

Agreed, you’ll need to start measuring a few rigs, on the trailer you want, with the OB you want. Keep a 4′ level and a tape measure in your vehicle, since it sounds like you might need to get a pretty accurate number, and not rely on line of sight.

HRG

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.