Blinds……

• Besox

Picked up a new light blind, thinking for using it for the rest of Muzzy and late bow for ease of set up etc. Never really used one for deer hunting, do you guys think they are too obvious for deer? Do they see them right away? Anyone have good success with them?

Protourbaits1

Brush it in as much as you can. I try to fit it under a down branch or under a pine tree. I still do this with turkeys, especially with all the other hunters around.

Aaron Kalberer

X2 on what Pro said, I have had deer this year a few feet from my blind when bow season started. They had no Idea I was there.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

I used a ground blind for deer this year and it worked great. Animals didn’t mind it. I put it out 2 weeks ahead of hunting. The only concern was if it got hit by heavy snow. I put a PVC pipe inside under roof hub to help strengthen it, but got no snow to test it. Lots more comfortable than being in tree.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Unless it’s well back from any field or opening edge and very well brushed in, the deer will see it and my experience has been they stay wary of it for a long time.

I put one out on a plot edge 2 weeks before bow opener and the deer were still swinging well clear of it by the middle of November. They don’t know what it is, but they don’t like it. It wouldn’t matter for gun hunting, though, they are still not far away to be out of range.

I love the comfort of sitting in a blind. You can move, drink coffee, no wind blowing on you, it’s warmer, etc.

Grouse

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Same as Grouse. I’ve had deer and Turkey notice the “that’s different” and act skittish around them. The better they are blended in, the quicker they ease up. Had some cases where it didn’t matter and critters walked 5 yrds away with no issue….and others that they completely avoided it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.