Bitter Lake West Access

• Kyle Wills

Hey everyone,

I am headed out to Bitter this coming Thursday with my 10 yr old. Hoping to get out on the west access and head SE to the vast amount of structure that area has. I’ll have a half ton with a single axle, 17′ Ice Castle.

Before heading from that landing, I’m just hoping to get any insight before my 10 yr old and I are out there and we spend more time getting unstuck than we do fishing. Again, any info is appreciated. Feel free to direct message me if preferred.

Thanks!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’d give Sportmans Cove in Webster a call. They even have a weekly fishing report. The weekly report phone # is 605-345-2468. They are usually really good about giving updated info. on all the local lakes. Both the fishing and the Lake conditions. If you don’t here the Info. on the recording simply give them a direct call. I’m sure they can answer all your questions

Kyle Wills

Yup, I talked to Doug and he was great. He said there hasn’t been a lot of people out in that direction, from the west landing ,so was just throwing another feeler out there of maybe someone that has.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yup, I talked to Doug and he was great. He said there hasn’t been a lot of people out in that direction, from the west landing ,so was just throwing another feeler out there of maybe someone that has.

Bummer. I thought he would possible have more Info. for you. Good luck. Hope you get some updated info. and make it out there and have some success. I love the Webster Lake area. Never winter fished it, but fish it a fair amount in the summer in the past.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I’ve heard travel is tough in the Webster area. I haven’t been out there myself yet though.
    I planned to go this past weekend but ended up at big stone.
    Last week’s report in the outdoor news said travel is possible but to watch out for drifts when off of the main trails.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Outdoor news is the last thing I would trust for an even remotely accurate report

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Outdoor news is the last thing I would trust for an even remotely accurate report

I believe its Sportsman’s Cove in Webster who provides the report for the outdoor news. You wouldn’t trust the local bait shop for a lake condition report? Do you think some newspaper editor just makes stuff up every week?

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Thats a generic report for a published newspaper. Their hotline is probably a little more up to date but still only updated 1x a week

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It’s a report from a local bait shop about local lakes. Yes it is a week old by the time it’s published and released but it’s better than nothing. Im just offering what I know to help the op make his decision.
    It was nice of you to offer some better information for him being you’re a local

Thats a generic report for a published newspaper. Their hotline is probably a little more up to date but still only updated 1x a week

Kyle Wills

Thanks for the help Jake! Appreciate you reaching out directly.

isu22andy

I have some friends on Waubay now that said there are a few pickups with wheel houses out but it’s pretty tough going . They have gotten a wheeler with chains pulling a trailer stuck a few times so they ended up having to ditch the utility trailer . Atv is just fine with chains however. Take it for what it’s worth – fishings slow too .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.