Bird ice 55

• CC

My ice-55 that is a backup has a crack screen. I checked the bird website and just to send it in and have it service cost $390 thats not including shipping. Can’t even get a hold of a real person at hummingbird to talk about the service. Does anyone know of anyone or any place that will fix it but not cost you a new unit.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

My 55 started having head-unit issues. Only will work on setting 10, and won’t turn off. Talked fairly extensively with Humminbird in regards to the fact that my (absolutely absurd) options are A) spend $390 to have it fixed and have a unit with a 90 day warranty, or B) spend $410 for a new unit with a 1 year warranty. Two of my buddies have the same unit and were having the same exact issues as well. Best they could do was offer 25% off of the repair cost.

Needless to say Humminbird won’t be getting another cent from me.

Charles

Anybody contact FishLectronics to see if they are able to help?

CC

Thanks, Talk to them and I will be giving them my service. Very helpful guys!!!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Had I seen this earlier I would have sad Fishlectronics also. Fixed my bird 55 last year. Very knowledgeable guy.

Dan
    Southeast MN

For the first couple of posters, how long have you had your 55’s? I think I got mine in 2015(?) so I was just wondering if there seems to be a window where things start going downhill.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I bought mine in 2014. Worked great till I dropped it out of my truck onto a parking lot in 2018. I bought a new unit before I fixed it, now fixed it’s my oldest son’s.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

For the first couple of posters, how long have you had your 55’s? I think I got mine in 2015(?) so I was just wondering if there seems to be a window where things start going downhill.

I think I bought mine the fall of 2014. But one of my buddies who is having similar issues, his unit is only 2 years old.

Sylvanboat

I own a HB Helix 10 and was having issues with it. Gal in Cust Service said nothing she could do. I thanked her and asked for contact info for HB president. I said I did not blame her but I wanted to write the president to tell him his Cust Service sucked. She called me back later and fixed my problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.