Big Stone Lake SD

• UPOW

Looking for recommendations for a resort to stay at. Is it worth staying in a sleeper house? Thanks for any help. I know have seen a earlier post with some info. Not sure how to delete, but feel free to add more information.

icewhiskey
    Iowa

Give Artie a call at Arties Bait and tackle. He has some wheelhouses he rents out.

zooks

Schmidt’s Landing would be a good option but I’m not sure if they’re open through the winter so I’d give Donna a call. If they’re open, it’s a good area to start looking for fish.

There aren’t any other resorts on the lake that I know of that stay open through the winter so you’d have to stay at a motel in Ortonville or Big Stone City. VRBO would be your other option, there are a few lake places on both the MN and SD side to stay.

Most that come for a weekend bring a sleeper house and stay on the ice because of the lack of lodging. Artie does have plenty of rentals, no clue about how clean they are or if they stay on fish, though.

My dad said most of the lake capped on Wed night and the ice looks pretty rough from the wind, I’m sure people will walking out this weekend. Hope this helps, good luck.

UPOW

Thanks for the info!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.