Big Sandy

• Oldstar

How have the tullibee come back on Big Sandy? I know there was a big die off a few years back.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

There coming back slowly, still on the smallish side. We will see what happens when things start thawing this year. Hopefully a flood doesn’t take them out again.

Yes, 6 or so years ago before the flood it was amazing!

Oldstar

Do you know what part of the lake produces best?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Do you know what are of the lake produces best?

Recreational boaters?

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Start on the north end in the large area of the lake. Look for 13-20FOW off drops. When the water starts running down the holes, its time!

tim hurley

Oldstar we are going for Tullies April 1, 2 qnd 3 just north of Sandy-anyway so many good lakes up that way with size and numbers, I would find one of those lakes and wait a year or 2 for Sandy to come back. Lake we are going to you get waves of crappies and waves of Tullies in the same spot.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Good luck Tim! Dont forget to drop a report when you get back. We dont get alot of action in the Atkin area.

Oldstar

Oldstar we are going for Tullies April 1, 2 qnd 3 just north of Sandy-anyway so many good lakes up that way with size and numbers, I would find one of those lakes and wait a year or 2 for Sandy to come back. Lake we are going to you get waves of crappies and waves of Tullies in the same spot.

Feel free to PM me the names of some of these lakes! I might end up going to Mille Lacs but they are so far off shore there it can be a challenge to get to good water late ice.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Well who went? No report?

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

How did you to Tim?

tim hurley

Tullies were a no show but we got some decent crappies. Tues a guy got some on Gull we got blown off the lake by a pretty good storm. Walking was surprisingly easy-I was worried about ice pulling away, or standing water with an ice crust (yuck) but it was great to be out with the strong sun and the birds flying back

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

thanks for the report!

Oranda

Back in the day 16″ Tulliees were common. My PB was 19″.

The whole lake changed after the flood, heat kill.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.