Big Green Lake in Wisconsin

• das_bass
    Mound, MN

I am likely to be stay on Big Green Lake in Wisconsin this Septemeber, and was hoping someone familiar with the lake could give me some advice on what fall fishing is like there, or if there are any guides people could recommend for that lake. I hear it is good for lake trout, and has nice fish, but they can be hard to find. I don’t really want to haul a boat there for one day, but might be interested in renting one if a guide isn’t a realistic option.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Tough lake to fish mid-summer! Deepest lake in Wisky land and a ton of it is very deep making it tough to find the fish. Sorry for the lack of confidence! I would suggest a guided trip.

(As a side note there is one of the Country’s finest public golf courses on it’s shores. Lawsonia. Look it up if you like golf. Its awesome!)

Cody Klebs

Look Justin Kohn at All Season Adventures in Wisconsin up. Probably the best guide on Big Green. Big Green can be pretty intimidating but is an awesome fishery. Big Lakers, walleyes, and northern and very good bluegill fishing as well as bass fishing.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

In Sept, lakers will still be deep. There is some great breaks and humps in the 100 to 140fow range that produce.

Smallie action can be very good. Not a numbers Lake, but very quality size fish. Rock and deep humps.

Walleyes are a night bite. Late! Mostly trolling big stick baits ticking deep weeds

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

Big Green holds big fish.

Pike on weed edges with jig and sucker combos can be very good this time of year.

Look for weeds on the west end and on Norwegian Bay.

Smallies on the rock bars with chubs is another good possibility.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.