Big bear down!!!

• Tom Wilson
    walker mn

My son Dean took his first bear this past Sunday (9/13) and it was no average bear!! We had one bait station that was getting hit regularly by 2 bears, one being close to 2 hundred pounds and the other just a bit larger. These bears were coming in during daylight on a pretty regular basis,,,,,,,,,,, till the acorns started to drop. The bait was only being visited every few days and then only once in the last week. The regular visits had stopped and hopes of getting one of the average bears was not looking good. We were freshening the bait daily since season started but the bait was being hit less and less. This past Sunday it was very windy and a little warm but Dean decide to spend the afternoon in the ground blind at the bait. At 7pm a bear that we had not seen at the bait before came in. With the bear looking at the blind Dean had little time to analyze the bear, in fact he did not see the bear come in due to playing on his phone. He looked up and the bear was there at 30 yards. The bear turned his head to the bait and Dean was able to make the shot. I was near and heard the 300 win mag bark but waited for him to call. When he called he could hardly talk and I said im on my way. I was expecting a 200# bear to be laying by the bait. Well the bear bolted at the shot but only made it 30 yards but out of site of the blind. I walked down and saw the bear piled up. I got up to the bear and could not believe my eyes. It was a beast. We were in awe of the size. The big boar dressed at 420 pounds with an estimated live weight of over 500. We are still in disbelief of the whole hunt. This bear had not been seen on the camera all season. Right place at the right time!!! The first pick is off the trail camera before the shot. This is a Minnesota bear near Walker

Attachments:
    1. Bear-2015-1.jpg

2. Live-1.jpg

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Congrats on a great bear!

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Congrats on a true trophy bear!

sktrwx2200

What a GIANT!!!!!! great story!!! Congrats.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Awesome. Congrats.

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Congratulations to you and your son! What an awesome bear.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Now THAT is a big arse bear !!

Congrats to you both !!

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Congrats! I don’t know a lot about Bears but my goodness, that thing is massive! I’ve spent some time fishing in the woods near Walker, and I hope I never come across anything that large.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yowser, what a brute. Congrats to you both!!

Bryan Myers

Congrats on a great bear!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

WOWSA! Big Bear!

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Great Bear Tom!!! Congrats to your son!!!

Mark

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Wow that’s a huge bear!! Congrats to your son! Great job! waytogo

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.