Big Bass Bash

• Umy
    South Metro

Thinking of signing up for the Big Bass Bash on Lake of the Ozarks for the April 20,21 tourney.
    ONLY amateur’s are allowed and I’m sure there are TONS of people but it’s a huge lake.
    My friend has a house on it and is 1 mile from one of the weigh in stations to boot so really an inexpensive venture for us.
    He knows the lake pretty well so that should help.
    TONS of prizes. Last year’s biggest bass winners were just like me in the regard that they were active fisherman but not budding pros or anything like that. Worst case scenario we get a couple days of fishing, food, fun, gifts and great memories.

Has anyone ever done this or know anything about it?
    Kind of excited to check it out.

https://midwestfishtournaments.com/event-info-bbb/event-info-bbb-loz-spring/

Jimmy Jones

My friend has a house on it and is 1 mile from one of the weigh in stations to boot so really an inexpensive venture for us.

If I had that opportunity with your bud and his house, I’d pay gas down and back along with the groceries and beer.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

They are interesting style of a event. Normally if you win 1 place in any time slot you will break even for the event. The one we did we won several and ended up making enough to cover our expense. They are interesting in that you need to decide if a fish you have is big enough to make the run to weight it or skip it and keep fishing in hopes of getting a bigger fish for the following time slot. There often is some time slots where they don’t even pay all the spots because not enough fishermen bothered to bring in a fish to weigh that time slot. That happened to us. Didn’t think the fish we had was big enough to make the run to weigh it. It would have been. With the friend to stay with who know the lake I’d do it for sure. They are fun events. They do tend to draw a large # of fishermen.

Umy
    South Metro

Awesome, thanks guys!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Go for it Umy it sounds like fun.I’d love to do something different like that.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Hell I haven’t even fished for a bass in years and I would do it with a chance to do it on a budget like that. Go for it Umy! woot

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Definitely worth a shot with a friend’s house nearby.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.