BFS Bait Finesse System

• Riverrat

What the ? I got my christmas gift cards, and decided I needed to get a bait caster for when I need some extra distance, and faster retrieve for some jerkbait and jigging situations. The DCL with its digital drag makes a cool noise so I checked that out first. Out of stock at my location. Then the rabbit hole started and I went off for 4 hours exploring the Bait Finesse System. Is this essentially just using a small frame bait-caster and lighter rod, or what? Anybody a self proclaimed expert? I think I want to know more so any insight on this would be great, plus its an actual fishing thread so that’s nice too.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Is this essentially just using a small frame bait-caster and lighter rod, or what?

Yes, that is a pretty good description. A lot of bass anglers (especially down south) do not like using a spinning setup, so they use these teeny weeny BC rods and reels with a drop shot, ned rig, or other light weight finesse lure.

I still use spinning setups for those applications. If it aint broke, don’t fix it.

Maybe someone will chime in about their personal use with the BFS gear…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.