Best lures so far this year?

• Josh Beck

Wondering what everyones go to lure is this year. I have really been impressed with the lindy perch talker. The littlest VMC flash champs have also produced well for me this year.

AaronMoore

Northland mayfly jig has work great this year for me

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I had some great success with the VMC rattle spoon and Tingler spoon this weekend on Upper Red. The Northland rattling flutter spoon was really hot as well.

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

For jumbo perch and slab crappie I have been tearing it up with a pink diamond jig from custom jigs and spins tipped with a waxie. For walleye, pink VMC tingler spoon or the gold/glow slender spoon tipped with northland impulse perch eyes.

Sam
    St.Francis

Vmc flash champ spoon has been doing really well for crappie and perch for me this year

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Perch, crappie, and a few nice walleyes on VMC Chandelier jigs.

Bigger and better walleye have come on Slender spoons and Tingler spoons

Kole Hedeman
    La Porte City, Iowa

The VMC tungsten fly jig has been working for me. I tip it with a mustache worm or you cant go wrong with tipping it with wax worms. Been getting some nice gills that way.

Jake Sonnentag

what color for crappie and blue gills have been working the best for you guys?

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

I am beginning to pick up confidence in rippin raps this year. Have landed some nice walleyes so far this year. Mostly in the #5 and in the #4 size as well. One big tip I found somewhere that has really helped land more fish is to tip the front hook with either a small minnow head or plastic. The clam maki plastics minnow head has been great. I’d emphasize small to impede the action of the lure as little as possible. Sometimes I won’t ever mark the fish, just a flash and they smoke it. Other times more hesitant fish can be triggered by the scent of the minnow or plastic and twitching it like you would if you were fishing a spoon.

Josh Beck

I have tried ripping raps the IDO guys make it look easy. I do great on open water with them. Not so much through the ice. Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Done well with gils/crappies using VMC tungsten jigs. Walleye have been hitting a few jigs for me, chubby darter, rippin Rap, and buck shot spoon in various colors depending on lake.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I tried the chandelier jig and the treble kept getting hooked up on the top… anyone else have this problem? If I kept bait on each of the hooks, it seemed to be better but if a fish pulled off a waxie or spike on one hook it would happen constantly.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

youngfry do you have it on a snap or directly tied to the lure? I find it happens much more often with all lure when I have a snap on it.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

I’ve had the same issue running a snap. I can tell when it happens on my LX7, so I can fix it right away. I’ll have to try tying direct.

Trent Leesch
    Albert Lea, MN

Brantner jigs. They have awesome glow. My favorite is the Red Bomber Diamond Back Tungsten Teardrop Jig 5 mm size 10 hook. It’s been dynamite on pan fish this year so far.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I tied directly…

wiel0059

The new Northland Buck-Shot Flutter Spoon. 1/16 oz. It’s put a TON of crappies on the ice for me over the past 2 weeks… Best color has been Pink UV.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.