Best lake mapping chip – Eagle Lake

• Ike Sell

I’ve been running the Lakemaster chip with smartstrike for MN and LOTW with good success. Headed to Eagle lake by Dryden next week. Anyone got any feedback on the Ontario V1 with VX chip?

While I haven’t fished Eagle in 22 yrs., I did fish it for 18 yrs before that. Excited to be going back. Same lodge as back in the 80’s and 90’s.

Ike Sell

I bought the V1 for Ontario however the Eagle lake map was only good for basic navigation. With that and watching for the prolific orange bouys we got around the lake all OK. I then used the auto mapping feature of the Helix 9 to graph structure we wanted to fish. A very productive method!

Lots of musky fishermen none caught out of our camp. Northers still on shallow rocks. Walleyes were deep. Lots caught, none over the slot.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2211-scaled.jpeg

Umy
    South Metro

Know nothing about your original question.
    Just got home from North Arm of Rainy Lake yesterday. I know most of us did not do well with walleyes.
    TONS of big northerns and smallies – all up shallow from the shore out to about 10 fett and caught lots trolling in 15-20 FOW.
    No walleye to eat no problem. I only catch them as my oldest son loves to eat them but sure had a blast catching everything else.
    Tried to get the walleys from 20 -40 FOW of water but just no luck.
    Would like to learn more about the auto mapping feature – have not used that before.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.