Best icefishing tacklebox?

• Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Well it’s about time for me to get a new tacklebox and I’m wondering what you fellas think is the best one for ice fishing? I’ve got a tackle bag with the plastic compartments but the zippers didn’t hold up very well (and it’s pretty old). Maybe a better built bag is the way to go but curious to see what you guys use!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I use the blue Cabelas tackle/utility bag. It cost $10 and has plenty of room while being compact. I have the Clam double sided jig boxes, two for spoons and two for jigs.

Works great for me. I have about fifty spoons and a few hundred jigs.

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Thanks for the reply belletaine, I tried the clam jig boxes but didn’t like em :/ I usually end up finding my little vexilar tacklebox packed with lures which I should quit doing lol I’m usually hole hopping so that seems easiest though. Looks like ill have to check out some tackle boxes in person at a store.

gimp

I bought (now have 2) hand gun case turned the egg crate foam around and found a piece of thin plastic and hang all my lures and jigs in the foam on both sides of the case with the plastic in the middle to keep the lures from tangling up. Have not counted how many are in each one but there is alot of them and the paint does not get chipped up like the plastic ones. If I remember correct I seen the idea on this site 2 or 3 yrs ago.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i too use the blue cabelas utility bag. it can hold a ton of tackle, is very durable and will not break the bank. its often on sale for as low as 9.99 with the boxes included. highly recommended

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

Gimp do you happen to have a picture of your “tacklebox”? I actually think I seen those bags on sale at cabelas this past weekend, boxes weren’t included though.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Thanks for the reply belletaine, I tried the clam jig boxes but didn’t like em :/ I usually end up finding my little vexilar tacklebox packed with lures which I should quit doing lol I’m usually hole hopping so that seems easiest though. Looks like ill have to check out some tackle boxes in person at a store.

Chance R. you bet. I don’t like the Clam boxes for my spoons but they work well for my panfish jigs. I need a new system for the spoons though.
    Collecting and organizing the tackle is almost as fun as the fishing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.