Best fishing rod and reel- American-made?

• Jennifer

Hi everyone, I want to buy a fishing rod and reel for my Dad, and I would love some suggestions. He has several already which are subpar and most have broken. He is not a professional fisherman, but he enjoys it and has been doing it for years every time we head out to a cabin for vacation. We fish in the Missouri/Arkansas area primarily in rivers but occasionally lakes as well. He usually catches catfish, rainbow trout, and bass. My Dad really appreciates tools and gear that are American-made, even though those seem hard to come by. I know nothing about fishing poles or rods and would love any advice or direction you could provide. Thank you!

robby
    Quad Cities

I really like Falcon rods. The Cara Series are really nice. Not sure about American made reels.

Ripjiggen

No idea who builds rods in that area but get him a custom rod from someone there or a suggestion from someone here. Blanks may not be American made (most are not) but guarantee the craftsmanship is.

mnfisherman18

A Thorne Brothers custom rod on their predator blank would be 100% made in the USA and a phenomenal rod, but they are not cheap.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Thorne Brothers would be a good option. There are many great garage builders that can construct a rod for you and multiple companies you can order USA made blanks from. Did you have a budget in mind?

Riverrat

Penn still makes some of their reels including some freshwater in the US.

scottaheller

St. Croix makes some great rods at affordable prices. I really like the Premier line of rods which are American/Wisconsin made, great warranty and very durable. https://stcroixrods.com/

In the past couple years I’ve upgraded all my rods to St. Croix and have been very happy with them.

Dan Baker

Tuned Up Custom Rods is a full custom shop where we can help you design the rod you are looking for and build it for you. Another option is to check out the site http://www.rodseek.com They match customers to custom rod makers around the country based on location, fishing style, and rod preference.

Dan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.