Best air ride seats

• Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

In the market for a pair of air ride seats. For a pair of large gentleman. Any info appreciated…

Meterman

We fish Lake of the Woods and purchased a pair of WavePro Shock 2.0 (https://waveproshock.com/) seat pedestals for the captain and navigator seats (front row). I replaced the seats with the Tempress ProBax orthopedic seats and deluxe powder coated arm rest. We are ~ 225-250 Lb. large mammals and these seats tamed the waves on LOTW! LOVE IT.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

We do have wave pro & air waves both on display demos in Ramsey. Might be worth looking at in person & sitting in them. Both are great products, just a slightly different approach in design.

mojogunter

The boat I just sold had wave pro in it. They are great. My new boat has airwaves. I haven’t had a chance to get it out yet. I don’t think there is as much travel with the airwaves. One other thing it seems that when I added the specified air pressures it is really firm. Too firm, I am going to drop the levels and will adjust as I go. I hope I didn’t make a mistake not swapping them out and taking the wavepro with me. Both have good reviews so it may just be fine tuning with the airwave.

paulroecker

I have been using the wave pros in my last two boats. Absolutely no issues at all. Works for my 120lb wife up to my 270lb buddy.

blackbay

Did the price of the WavePro’s go way up? I thought I remember they were $500 or so not too long ago.

It’s really a Chevy vs Ford debate. I’ve ran both and prefer the Wave Pros personally. The feeling is completely different between the two so my suggestion is to try them both and see which one fits what your looking for out of an air ride seat.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Last year on Lake of the Woods I had one of each in the boat to get my own take on both of them side by side.

I think the Air wave might have a slight advantage on the extra rough water and larger than average body weight. I have had very good feedback on both products though!

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Does anyone have any info or experience with the smooth move air ride seat?

Brandon Meyers
    Eau Claire, WI

I did the DIY smooth move and am very impressed with them.

Attachments:
    1. 43B686E0-F3D7-4D23-9BE6-60DBEEA67759.jpeg

2. F1BD862A-69F5-4E3E-A0AF-D1DCCA78EA4F.jpeg

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Does anyone have any info or experience with the smooth move air ride seat?

I have gotten to use all three (airwave, wavepro, smooth move).

I have Airwaves in my 2060, my dad has Smooth Moves in his ZV21, and I have ridden in a couple of boats with wave pro’s.

By far my least favorite is the Smooth Move. Now I will say this. They probably have the plushest compression out of all of them. But the rebound is what i don’t like. 3 years in that boat during the crappiest days on big water and adjusting them every which way we can’t get the ejection seat feeling to go away. We’re both big dudes 6’4 270. I just don’t think for big guys they’re the best option.

Airwaves what I noticed in my boat is like Dean said, not as much travel. The ride is not as plush but if feels more firm and squisy. No ejection seat feeling at all. I really like them even though they’re a bit more firm. I could let some air out to soften it up, but I find myself liking the ride. I would probably go with them again in my next boat. They’re built to last as well!

Wave Pro’s have a great overall ride and I like them just as much as my Airwaves. The compression is softer than airwave although not as plush as the smooth move. The rebound is really good on these as well. My problem with them is durability. I have seen a few guys come in with broken wave pro’s. Now I haven’t gotten to test the new 2.0’s but I assume they’re a lot more durable than the originals.

So for me, a bit firmer of a ride is ok when I know the durability is there. Overall anything is better than nothing.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I had WavePros in my boat the last few years, testing them pretty hard on Lake St. Clair, Green Bay, and Lake of the Woods. When properly adjusted for the weight of the passenger the ride is incredible in rough water, finding just the right balance between support and softness. They’re very easy to adjust with a simple hand pump pressure gauge. I’ve ridden on Smooth Moves a fair number of times, and prefer the WavePro quiet ride and feel.

I’ve had both v1 and v2, and they clearly improved a few issues from v1 in the v2. I had a 450+lb passenger in rough conditions on LotW this fall that tested a v2 well beyond it’s rated limits and it worked perfectly.

Based on that experience, I highly recommend the WavePro v2. They’re pricey, and yes, the price went up since their introduction, but it’s still less than the AirWave and well worth it imho. In fact I’m having Wave Pros installed on my next boat…the one that I’m picking up tonight!

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Thanks everyone for their knowledge and experience. Much appreciated

Glen Wright

Does the standard wave pro top plate that comes in their package replace the seat base mechanism with adjustment levers that slides in the Springfield slider system? Or do you have to buy the wave pro heavy duty slider mechanism?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.