Berkley Line Rant

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I just got off the phone with a representative from Berkley line co. I bought a 1500 yard spool of 10 lb fireline about a month ago from walmart.com on line.I spooled a reel today and thought the line was heavy for 10 lb. I got out my dial caliper and it checked .22 t0 .24 mm which is 14 lb. I checked the 10 lb I still had and it checked .18 to .20 mm. like it should. This line is clearly mislabeled. I told the guy all this and he said I had to send it back to walmart. I said I don’t know how I could tell them it is the wrong line when the label says it is right, plus if I get it exchanged they will send to someone else wrong size with 200 yards taken off. I can’t do that. He says there is nothing he do for me!! I offered to have them send me a new spool and I would ship this back in the same box. He said no! He once again said there was nothing he could do for me and that I should have a nice day.
    What a crock of poop.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Your right Joel. I will fix it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well…at least it’s not Power Pro where you get 8 pound test and up to 20 pound on the same spool. coffee

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well did you…

Have a nice day?

Send it back to Walmart.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Not yet!!!

I hate to do that and screw someone else.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

PS Berkeley promised to get back to me about their swivels breaking in 2005. 2017 and still nothing.

Swivel Test from 2005

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Once they become million billion dollar companies we don’t matter.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I bet Walmart will take it back – they’ll give you the correct one and they’ll get a credit from the mfg. It’s really no different than any other defective product that you return.

huntinforfish

I doubt Walmart would re-sell if it is returned as defective. Rather than go through the hassle of re-labeling or anything else, they will throw it away.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

If you’re concerned about them reselling it, write something in Sharpie on the packaging. I’m sure they’ll just throw it away.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Hey is there anyone out there that needs 14lb fireline.? I think I know were you mite get a GOOD DEAL? grin . rrr

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Hey Rat, Glad to hear you are still kickin’
    Hope to get up there sometime!

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Hey Rat, Glad to hear you are still kickin’
    Hope to get up there sometime![/quote. . . Well you better get up here cause I am always in the MOOD for GOOD HUMOR. An that’s just what you are GOOD HUMOR for sure.!!!!!!!!! An i would even take ya fishun if Brain wont. You would only have to pay for the gas oil minnows night crawlers leeches beer brandy launch fees an Dinner At The Somkeing Oak. . OOOH an Clean The Fish.!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

How could I refuse a offer like that!!! yay

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Steve you had better jump on that deal before someone else takes rrr up on it. whistling

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.