hows the bite going on lake bemidji?

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

thinking about takeing a trip up that way next week and I was just wondering how everyone is doing? I am hopeing on takeing out one of my friends who doesn’t get to fish much and get her into some fish. walleyes would be nice but it doesn’t have to be

thanks in advance, Mike

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Lake Bemidji has been putting out a LOT of nice fish this season. I speny a few hours out there this past weekend and we found fish both real shallow or real deep. It seemed that if there was a good chop the active fish were found in the shallow waters but when the wind died down the active fish were in the deeper water.

Spinner Rigs produced well in the shallow water while jigs did well in the deeper water. Crawlers were the choice of bait on the rigs and red tails or shiners were the choice of bait on the jigs.

If you are fishing the shallow waters your friends will have a lot of fun. Stay in that 8-15’ of water and you should find northern, walleye and perch all to be very active. Keep your eyes open and you may even see a Muskie or two out there. We saw 3 in two days of walleye fishing.

Good luck!!

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

well I made the trip and I only got 2 walleyes and a perch pulling 3 ways in the 20- 30 FOW range. we were useing jumbo leaches on spinner rigs. I was marking a lot of fish at times but it was very hard to get a bite at all so maybe I just need to learn how to fish walleyes better, I dunno. thanks senice for your help I got to read it on wednesday after the cold front came through maybe next time I am up that way I will get a post in sooner

thanks, again, Mike

slayer
    Rochester, MN

Hot of the press from outdoor news:

BEMIDJI AREA

Trolling deep crankbaits over 30 feet has been the best bet for walleyes on Lake Bemidji. Muskie action has picked up with CowGirls and Rumblers triggering fish on the weeds and flats of Lake Bemidji and Lake Plantagenet. Bluegills are hitting on the shallow weedlines of most lakes. Bass and pike action is strong throughout the area as well.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Bemidji continues to be pretty hot right now for eyes and a lot of Muskie are being seen as well. For the eyes the deeper water has been the best bet. The panfish in the area lakes are hanging in the deeper water right off the weed beds.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.