Beer Poking

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Anyone here have experience with Beer Poking? Sounds like a fun way to spend a Saturday night.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I wouldn’t mind trying it for the change in taste but I have no interest in warming my beer. I like it cold. Interested to hear form those that have done it. Here’s a really good explanation I just learned from. Apparently only works well for some beers.

The History Of Beer Poking

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Only at Bockfest, seem to remember it being cool early on but don’t remember much after that :jester: :toast:

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Ha ha, yes, at Bockfest! It doesn’t really warm your beer up that much. Like BW, lots of fuzzy memories…

tswoboda

Beer Poking
    verb
    definition: What you do to a beer before you shotgun it
    “I poked that beer so I could drink it in 2.6 seconds”

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Was front page on the Star Turbine variety section today LOL

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yep I’ve done it at Fitgers Duluth for Bockfest. It kind of carmalizes the beer flavor a little. I liked it and you got me thinking maybe I should build a huge bonfire this weekend as a F U to winter and stick a hot iron in some beer.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Interesting.

My only issue is that if I’m drinking beer, by the time I’d have a fire and hot iron warm enough I’d be a few beers in. This could quickly turn into a high risk sport. I may have to give it a try this weekend.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.