Beef tongue

• chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Nope but i could show how to get rid of it.

Ripjiggen

Never done one but have had them smoked before.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Any time I’ve seen them used is when we made our own blood and liver sausage. We boiled it with a bunch of other stuff.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’d need to be under the influence of quite a few Coronas to take a run at that.

Coletrain27

Have you tried YouTube? Probably plenty of videos and recipes

jake47
    WI

My butcher swears by beef tongue tacos. I still have one in my freezer waiting for me to cook it up.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Anyone know how to cook one?

My mother would just boil it whole. Then slice it thin to serve. Left over slices if there were any went to school lunch sandwiches the next day.

I suppose it would be a good candidate for a slow cooker (crockpot) recipe.

Nathan Bayerl

My Grandpa used to pressure cook it and then pickled it.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Just boil it with a little salt in the water till pink is gone. Skin it.
    Slice to about 1/4 inch slabs. Makes great sandwiches.

Slabtown
    Western Wisconsin

Boil, peel and slice as said above, but then salt and sear both sides in a blazing hot cast iron pan. Better than rib eye. If you dice that, it makes the best tacos too.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Instapot with a little beef broth, onions, spices, etc. let cool till meat shrinks away and peel and slice. Best roast beef ever! If you can find a veal tongue, they melt in your mouth

walldows

I cook beef tongue in the slow cooker with garlic and onions. When it is fully cooked peel it then either eat it the way it is or I like to put it on the grill for a few minutes on each side.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Boil it. Make sure to get the membrane that covers the tongue removed once it’s done boiling. Then slice it up, I put a little butter on the saltine, then the meat, then salt and pepper. The flavor is good, just gotta get over it being a tongue.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Beef tongue is good. I make it and just say it is beef when I am asked what I am feeding people. Lots of good suggestions above. Just make sure to peel it. You can also cut off a 1/8 from it before you cook it. This is easer when it is still a little frozen. They come out great from the smoker.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.