Beavertail blanket

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Has anyone tried out this product for field hunting? I need to find an easier way for my 80 year old Dad to field hunt. The layout blinds are nice, but he has trouble with the flaps, opening and keeping them closed. I was thinking about getting him one of these, set up the layout blind and just leave the doors open and cover him and the blind with the blanket. Then he can just sit up like getting out of bed(so to speak). Thoughts?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Take a look at the Heavy Hauler FLP. It flips open very easy. We have a few of them

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Heavy Hauler FLP

Thanks Randy. We have a blind similar to that, I believe the Heavy Hauler FLP is a sleeping bag style with a zipper down the middle instead of flaps, correct? We also have one with a wedge style pillow and frameless flaps. He has tried both of them and doesn’t like one feature or another. The wedge pillow style one is comfortable for him and very easy for him to get in and out of. It’s the perfect blind for him except the frameless doors fly open in the wind and he doesn’t like having to hold them closed. This is where I thought we could use that blind, leave the doors open, and use the beavertail blanket to cover him up.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

For a long time I used a lawn chair lounge that I spray painted and covered up with a camo sleeping bag that I blended in to match the field. I got a lot of ribbing at first but it worked great and super easy to take my shots. It got left out in ND or I’d still be using it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.