Beaver dam round tip ups

• ScottSchreiber
    NULL

Any reports? Huge fan of their originals.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

This is just an opinion but I think a Polar and a foam hole cover is a much better option at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. I think the whole BD mechanism is primitive and out dated. Lots of BD lovers on here though.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I bought a couple of the Jolly Rogers for the kids as I thought they were cool looking for them. The spool to me is similar but not the same. That being said they catch fish and work great. I have not found any tip up that entirely eliminates the freezing of the hole. I use the foam hole covers and those work well. If you want something a little different go for it!

tim hurley

BD must use a lube that works well-Whatever you buy test it in the cold, it should spin smoothly-spinning smoothly in your living room really does not help you.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

you can buy Beaver Dam tipup lube, I use it on my Frabil Arctic Fire tipups at the start of every season and never have an issue. I use the foam hole covers too, find they work pretty good for keeping the holes from freezing

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BD must use a lube that works well-Whatever you buy test it in the cold, it should spin smoothly-spinning smoothly in your living room really does not help you.

Reminded me to check my Beaver dams. I lube them maybe once every 3 or 4 years. Best tip up I have is the old school bd

SconnieFib

I love mine. The spool looks to be the same, and they are much cheaper than the boards for whatever reason. I usually can find them for $30. The biggest complaint I can come up with is the 2 piece flag can be a little bit of a pain as you have to slide the flag portion into the connector, but it is longer than the originals so it can be seen in deeper snow. I would get more of these before buying new rails.

ScottSchreiber
    NULL

I should, but have never lubed my 3 originals that are 25 years old and still function perfectly after tons of use and a use. Tks for the replies on the round ones, probably get one for starts and see how it goes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.