Wisconsin Opener Today

• freitag
    Osseo, WI

Good luck to all IDAers going after bear….it’s my time this year and will be in a tree over bait with a bow this afternoon. Hoping for something over #300 lbs. Post your results guys…for both Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Where are you baiting Tagger? Clark or Eau Claire County forests?

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Where are you baiting Tagger? Clark or Eau Claire County forests?

freitag
    Osseo, WI

EauClaire County forests…..just found out yesterday afternoon that one of my treestands were stolen. It was at a very remote location, too. Also, that bait site as well as three others were contaminated with deisel fuel. Would love to find out who.
    Was blanked last evening. Going again today.

freitag
    Osseo, WI

EauClaire County forests…..just found out yesterday afternoon that one of my treestands were stolen. It was at a very remote location, too. Also, that bait site as well as three others were contaminated with deisel fuel. Would love to find out who.
    Was blanked last evening. Going again today.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Good Luck. Hope you find the arses that pulled that crap.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Good Luck. Hope you find the arses that pulled that crap.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

tagger:

I had someone recap and put out their cig on my one of my baits, but nothing like that. And that sucks!!! Hope you get it going and get that tag filled.

So far, yesterday a.m. was the first time that my bait hadn’t been hit since we started baiting. Back out this evening, bait had been hit again late last night (10:15 to 10:45) and a little one showed back up again this a.m. a little after 7. Didn’t stay long though. Will try to get some pics up from last night.

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

tagger:

I had someone recap and put out their cig on my one of my baits, but nothing like that. And that sucks!!! Hope you get it going and get that tag filled.

So far, yesterday a.m. was the first time that my bait hadn’t been hit since we started baiting. Back out this evening, bait had been hit again late last night (10:15 to 10:45) and a little one showed back up again this a.m. a little after 7. Didn’t stay long though. Will try to get some pics up from last night.

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Here’s a pic of last night’s bear making its way in…

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Here’s a pic of last night’s bear making its way in…

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

He’s got it uncapped now and just found out that I am not feeding them quite as much anymore.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

He’s got it uncapped now and just found out that I am not feeding them quite as much anymore.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

This guy showed up this a.m. and can’t believe that there isn’t any food as he points with his paw in that hole…

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

This guy showed up this a.m. and can’t believe that there isn’t any food as he points with his paw in that hole…

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

i bagged a 147 pound cinimon boar this weekend in northern MN with my bow. was my last day to hunt and i couldnt pass up how cool of a color phase this bear was. Very excited at my first bear!

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

i bagged a 147 pound cinimon boar this weekend in northern MN with my bow. was my last day to hunt and i couldnt pass up how cool of a color phase this bear was. Very excited at my first bear!

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Awesome HookNfinger We’ve had a 250 #lber and a 200 #lber come in so far. But we know there are bigger bear coming to the bait…just later after shooting. The plan is to put less bait out and try to coax those bigger bears into showing up earlier…..However, next outing isn’t until Wednesday.

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Awesome HookNfinger We’ve had a 250 #lber and a 200 #lber come in so far. But we know there are bigger bear coming to the bait…just later after shooting. The plan is to put less bait out and try to coax those bigger bears into showing up earlier…..However, next outing isn’t until Wednesday.

freitag
    Osseo, WI

mbenson, wondering about your reason for putting less bait out? We are doing the same because we know there are some larger bears coming to the same bait site..but at later hours. Hoping to create some competition. Is your reason the same?

freitag
    Osseo, WI

mbenson, wondering about your reason for putting less bait out? We are doing the same because we know there are some larger bears coming to the same bait site..but at later hours. Hoping to create some competition. Is your reason the same?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Congrats on the bear Matt

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Congrats on the bear Matt

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

If you can find scat from a different bait site, leave your crib empty and put the scat from the different bear out there, the bears that are hitting it at night will think anthor bear is in the area and come into the bait earlier next time, if you keep doing this sometimes they will change their times dramatically

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

If you can find scat from a different bait site, leave your crib empty and put the scat from the different bear out there, the bears that are hitting it at night will think anthor bear is in the area and come into the bait earlier next time, if you keep doing this sometimes they will change their times dramatically

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.