Bear Recipie

• zoomer
    Twin Cities

I was given some bear meat to try and was told that it was sausage. I asked if it was cooked and was told no. How might one go about cooking this?
    Dave

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

zoomer:

Is it stick sausage or link sausage like a brat???

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

zoomer:

Is it stick sausage or link sausage like a brat???

Mark

zoomer
    Twin Cities

I think it’s stick its frozen about the size of a large can of beans.

zoomer
    Twin Cities

I think it’s stick its frozen about the size of a large can of beans.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

zoomer:

Considering you asked if it was cooked or not, I guess I would go with my first instinct and cook it. If it has skin around it and looks like a summer sausage, then I probably would eat it raw as well. Have you ever had stick venison sausage sliced and cooked with your eggs (diced and cooked in an omelet) in the a.m. Perhaps sliced and stuck on a stick and cooked over a fire. I guess in the final analysis, if it seems raw cook it, but medium rare please. Good luck with it.

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

zoomer:

Considering you asked if it was cooked or not, I guess I would go with my first instinct and cook it. If it has skin around it and looks like a summer sausage, then I probably would eat it raw as well. Have you ever had stick venison sausage sliced and cooked with your eggs (diced and cooked in an omelet) in the a.m. Perhaps sliced and stuck on a stick and cooked over a fire. I guess in the final analysis, if it seems raw cook it, but medium rare please. Good luck with it.

Mark

zoomer
    Twin Cities

I need to thaw it out and see what I have and then decide what to do with it. I will let you know what I end up with
    Thanks
    Zoomer

zoomer
    Twin Cities

I need to thaw it out and see what I have and then decide what to do with it. I will let you know what I end up with
    Thanks
    Zoomer

zoomer
    Twin Cities

Turned out to be link sausage ended up boiling it in a couple cans of beer and adding it to chili I gave some to the kids after I boiled it and before I put it in the chili and they ate 1 link that way. It was really quite good and gave some great flavor to the chili.
    Zoomer

zoomer
    Twin Cities

Turned out to be link sausage ended up boiling it in a couple cans of beer and adding it to chili I gave some to the kids after I boiled it and before I put it in the chili and they ate 1 link that way. It was really quite good and gave some great flavor to the chili.
    Zoomer

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.