New MN State Record

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I heard on the radio about a new state record black bear shot in the McGregor area. I guess it dressed out at 475. Anyone else hear about this???

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’m sure the MN record bear is larger than that. I tried to find the record weight and all I could find was a 588LBS. dressed weight bear shot in 1998.

Lenny Jamison

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’m sure the MN record bear is larger than that. I tried to find the record weight and all I could find was a 588LBS. dressed weight bear shot in 1998.

Lenny Jamison

kooty
    Keymaster

I was listening to some po-dunk country station on my way out to SD, so who knows how valid the info is. If it’s true, it shouldn’t take long to spread.

kooty
    Keymaster

I was listening to some po-dunk country station on my way out to SD, so who knows how valid the info is. If it’s true, it shouldn’t take long to spread.

kooty
    Keymaster

That does seem a little light to be a state record, but what the heck do I know. We didn’t have many bears running around central SD when I was growing up. Thanks for real scoop.

kooty
    Keymaster

That does seem a little light to be a state record, but what the heck do I know. We didn’t have many bears running around central SD when I was growing up. Thanks for real scoop.

emtbucket

FYI, A bear is like a deer, they have to measure it’s skull(antlers for a deer) before they know if it is a state record. Weight has nothing to do with it.

emtbucket

FYI, A bear is like a deer, they have to measure it’s skull(antlers for a deer) before they know if it is a state record. Weight has nothing to do with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.