Bay City Launch

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Anyone know if the Bay City launch is open? Thanks!

Ryan

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Just called them…yes, they are open!

Ryan

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Never fished over that way. I heard it can be very good what is it a good launch with a dock?

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Hey Tom,

It’s a good place to launch dependent upon river levels. Nice dock and amenities for $5.00. Low water levels can be trouble if you have a deep V.

Ryan

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Ryan,

Be careful, the water isn’t that high like normal for this time of year.

Jesse

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

We were good, but yes it was definitely lower than anticipated… Thanks, Jesse!

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Thanks Ryan and Jessie!

TMF89

Hey guys, I’ll be launching out of there on Sunday (since it looks like the only launch on the WI side between either ends of the lake?). Water levels back up yet? I have a 17′ Lund on a bunk trailer, so I’m not terribly worried, but wanted to double check. Also is parking ever an issue? Looks like there’s only room for about a dozen trailers according to Google Maps? I’m taking my brother, his girlfriend and her dad out, none of whom are experienced boaters, so I’m just trying to get as much of a game plan together as possible, since I think I’ll have to be doing everything. Thanks guys.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

The launch itself is not the concern. It’s getting from the launch to the WI channel or to the head of the lake that can get a little dicey during low water periods. Water levels are up, but you should still use caution while navigating through the low water areas. Hopefully you have some mapping software for your locator.

Parking for about a dozen rigs is correct. Like anything, the early bird gets the worm.

Ryan

TMF89

Ryan, thanks for the heads up. I’m pretty experienced with navigating shallow stuff, and I do have my trusty Navionics card. I’m assuming it’s mostly soft bottom anyway, outside of the occasional rock or dead head?

The plan is to get there around 7, do you think that’ll be early enough to snag a spot? If not we can run up to Hager City or over to Redwing, but my brother’s girlfriend’s family is outside of Maiden Rock, so it’d be nice to launch close by. Thanks again for the info.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Yep, mostly soft bottom bottom in that area. My best guess would be that 7 am should not be a problem. Hopefully you guys have a great day on the water!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.