Pool 10 Bassin’

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

With rain in the forecast for the next 3 days and highs in the 40s, I thought I better get out and snag a bass or two for possibly the last time this year. I knew with the water heating up the last 3 or 4 days that they should be on the move and chasing baitfish. Started off fishing a couple wingdams for smallies but after the first two it was evident that this wasnt where i was going to be spending the rest of my day. Cruised to a backwater and caught a solid 3 lb largie on my 2nd cast slow rolling a 1/2 oz strike king spinnerbait, i knew right then it was gonna be a good night. I proceeded to catch around 20 largemouth in 3 hours of fishing and two were over 5 lbs I thought it was a blessing to catch my first one but two in one day…i can surely say thats never happened to me before. The biggest one went 5lb 9oz and the other went 5-3, if i remember right my scale was reading 2 ounces light all tournament season so they may have actually been a little heavier. Both of those fish and numerous others I caught flipping a jig with a craw papi trailer. Spinnerbaits and square A crankbaits both caught fish as well. It was a good day to say the least

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Those are some GREAT looking fish!! Congrats on the double 5’s!

boods
    Lancaster, WI

Those piggies were very distracting when I was sitting in my bio lab today! .. Great fish Jens! . I hope my rod you’ve been packing around for the last month has done some work for ya..

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

What a way to end the season.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Good looking Bass Jon, a great way to end a helluva season

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Dang nice fish Jon

tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

Great fish. Those look like solid fish. Any current in the areas you were targeting? Or were you concentrating on eddies and breaks? Solid water is definately on its way

larsonmat
    Mondovi, WI

Those are some horses .

It’s interesting to me how smallies and largies have such different preferences. I got out yesterday too and all the big smallies (over 3lbs.) came on either a crank or a trap. I caught most of my fish on jigs but I never got anything over 3 on the bottom.

Matt

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Quote:

Great fish. Those look like solid fish. Any current in the areas you were targeting? Or were you concentrating on eddies and breaks? Solid water is definately on its way

It was all backwater areas with very little current. With the water high there was a ton of visable cover,(wood) so keying in on the “better” looking cover was key. All fish were on wood I hardly saw a weed clump or pad at all! damn floods

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Those are some nice pigs.

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Quote:

Those piggies were very distracting when I was sitting in my bio lab today! .. Great fish Jens! . I hope my rod you’ve been packing around for the last month has done some work for ya..

Just thought I’d get ur mind off school for a bit boody And ya that rod does work, but i did lose a fish on the tree right before the one i caught the 5-9 that i know was over 4! prolly not the rods fault tho

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Some nice LMB!
    Not too much longer and these are the variety that become Cecil thieves

riverfan
    MN

Awesome fish Jon!

John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.