8/20/03 Pool 5 Bassin Report!

• dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Dylan, it looks like you have spent a considerable amount of time on the wing dams, according to your report anyway. I was just wondering if you have been running in to any decent walleye down that way on the wing dams. The walleye bite on the upper end of the pool has been pretty good for my boat on the last few trips. I have briefly hit a few of my better spots for smallies this time of year on the upper end with nothing to show , although I have not worked to hard at it either, just pulling in and making a few cast with a crank bait to see if anyone was home.

flick
    Alma WI

Dustin…YES, I have been spending a lot of time on the wingdams…Smallies are just like walleyes…there is some wingdams they like better then others..You got to work the wingdam from both ways..One day they will want it coming up stream …then the next they will it want coming down at them…When it comes to top water…they dont just always want it on top of the wingdam..sometimes its 3 feet before the ripples….other times its on the ripples or behind the wingdam! It all just depends on there mood..Also the smallies might be there but there just not hitting.you can’t tell from one day of fishing if there down there or not….also cranks aren’t a big producer for me this time of the year..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.