BFL – Wabasha

• Faribault
    Faribault, MN

Just wondering if anyone took in any of the action (Watching or Weigh in)? Just kinda curious as to where anyone was successful and what areas the winners fished. Anyone have any opinions if the bass fishing will slow down for a while now that the fish have seen a number of boats with a number of lures thrown at them. Those of you who know was Lake Pepin hit fairly hard by the fisherman? Thanks.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I caught over an 11 pound limit and still didn’t cash a check. The fishing was good…caught LOTS of fish. I actually prefished the area that 1st and 2nd place came out of, but I couldn’t find the big school like they did. All of the marinas on Pepin were hit pretty hard but they’ll replentish quickly. Most of those pepin fish were skinney 2 pounders so those aren’t tournament fish if that’s what you’re looking for.

fluker

I finished 11th on the co side. We fished pool 5 mainly. I drew Rob Heilman from Dakota. GREAT guy and I throughly enjoyed the day fishing with him.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

What was the primary winning pattern?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

My partner and I spent most of the day within sight of Slippery’s fishing wingdams. All my fish came on topwater(Chug Bugs) before the sun got too high. After that I switched to plastics Texas Rigged, Carolina Rigs and Crankbaits with most of the fish on C-rigs(lots of small Bass).

For all the baitfish in that pool, the fish are amazingly thin. I had 2 Smallies and a LM Bass for 5lbs & 11oz. The LM was a chunk, but the Smallies were paper thin.

We never lost a fish, so I can’t say there weren’t any lost opportunities. We just weren’t around many fish. I felt fortunate to boat the ones I did.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

My pattern was slop with frogs and toads. Did not pan out though in the areas I was fishing. Ended up catching two small smallie’s flipping a craw. I did loose 3 fish that hurt, one was around 4#!

Bullet21XD

I’m suprised you guys all didn’t finish in the top ten…

To hear ya’ll talk every day…

Team CC5!!!(can’t catch 5)

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

I knew it would happen, just did not think it would happen on the home pool. Oh well! I did what I could do that day and it did not work out. I will have to work harder at PDC.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Thanks for a great day on the water Chuck. Chuck won out club tournament with 21.36 pounds and has the hat trick with winning all three of our tournament!! Congrats to Chuck!!

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

hey bullet dude. Whats your name?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Holy Buckets! that was on the river??
    nice job guys those are some mongo sacks

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Hey Bullet…you believe in karma?!

Bullet21XD

Well…I had high hopes for you guys!!

I do know…when shyte happens…it usually happens on the river! Far too many bank or bust days out there!

Good to see so many smaller limits caught though…a couple years and there will be some heavyweights!

gregh
    s.e. minn

ote]Holy Buckets! that was on the river??
    nice job guys those are some mongo sacks

The river!

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Bullet. The river is a tremendous fishery and does not have to wait for the future to have heavy weights. If pre-fishing was cut off 1-2 days before the tournament, I would bet you would see more 14-16 lb sacks. Lower pool 4 got pounded hard Thursday and Friday and increased pressure will greatly effect the weights.

I just could not get the bites I needed. I will take my lumps and head to PDC and focus on that.

River???

zombywuff
    Illinois

Nice hawgs, Tim!

CentralBassman

did the winning wait come from shallow or deep??

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.