Falcon Cara Composite Casting 7′ Rod

• wrp5

I am looking at this rod right now. Does anyone fish with this rod and what is your opinon?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I run a number of Falcon Rods. Not sure exactly which one you are looking at, but all of the Cara’s I own are fantastic!

scottys
    Eagan, MN

I have 2 of them, and love them for big cranks and traping.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

I own two and love ’em both!

wrp5

Hello,

I was reading your response to my question. Do you own the 7′ composite cranking rod? Is the handle to long? I will be fishing the Mississippi river mostly. Is it sensitive and does it have a slow tip like the ones I have been reading about? I am looking to throw shallow crankbaits and rattletraps. How about throwing spinnerbaits or buzzbaits on it?

Thanks

assfault

I have the 6’6″ squarebill special fot throwing cranks and love it, but i’ve never thrown traps with it.

robby
    Quad Cities

I have this rod. It is the finest cranking rod that I have ever owned. I prefer medium action for 1/4 oz baits, and medium heavy for heavier baits. You will love it.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I don’t think the Cara reaction series is composite, they are just slower action graphite, similar to the St. Croix Loomis Crankbait rods (excluding the St. Croix Premier S-Glass rods).

I have never tried one, though I am thinking of trying their Swim Jig model, wich seems like a nice open water trap and spinnerbait rod too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.