basspro’s crankin stick

• wrp5

One of my best friends likes the Stacey King Crankin Stick. I have fished with him many times and I trust his opinion. He really likes the 7′ medium action rod for throwing rattletraps and shallow running crankbaits. I was thinking of buying a high dollar crankbait rod. Just curious if anyone else has used the Crankin Stick and how do you like it?

robby
    Quad Cities

I have a BassPro Crankin’ stick, it is a great rod for the money. My only complaint is the Power Hump handle. I do not like it at all. I have other cranking rods that I like better due to this fact. Gander’s guide series are decent, although a bit on the heavy side. My favorite is my Falcon Cara Reaction. Pretty sweet.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

I have a BassPro Crankin’ stick, it is a great rod for the money. My only complaint is the Power Hump handle. I do not like it at all. I have other cranking rods that I like better due to this fact. Gander’s guide series are decent, although a bit on the heavy side. My favorite is my Falcon Cara Reaction. Pretty sweet.

I run the reaction series in a 4 wgt for traps and will take delivery of my 5 wgt for deep diving cranks this spring. I give it a thumbs up as well.

Goldenboy
    Coon Rapids, MN

I’ll agree with the above comments. I too have been using the Falcon Cara Reaction series and have been very pleased. The BPS Crankin Stick is fine for the price, but I sanded down the power hump handle a bit. Once I started using the Falcons, the crankin stick doesn’t make it out of the basement.

zombywuff
    Illinois

I had the MH Crankin Stick that I got this spring. I like the power hump, myself. The MH can handle the smaller cranks as well as the larger ones.

Long story, made short…. I have to replace my Crankin Stick due to a door handle incident in my car. It was just one of the two out of three rods that didn’t survive me being a dumbass!

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

That stinks zomby we should hook up some weekend for some fishin

zombywuff
    Illinois

Quote:

That stinks zomby we should hook up some weekend for some fishin

It sure does, and I have no one but myself to blame. I forgot that I stuck them through the handle, went to toss my phone in the car, yanked the door open and SNAP! I felt like throwing up for about an hour after that.

As far as fishing…. let me know when you want to go. I’ve got an outting with the Smallmouth Alliance on Sat… gonna wade the Fox. Sunday is out, obviously. But I’m good to go after this weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.