NEW Warrior 188 TEST RUN

• fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

WoW jason, you have alot to learn about salesmanship. My .02 cents worth!!!!!!!

Not if he works for the large local boat dealer here in MPLS. From the sounds of it he’s been threw there advanced sales and customer service training.

jlallen

I just want to say that I did not post about the new Warrior to start a “who’s got the best boat debate”. I was just trying to let people know. I think Ranger ownwers should be proud of there product but this forum is not about that it is about a new product thats it! I could write alot more but I will chose to punt right now

jlallen

Hey James, This 188 model is maxed out at a 200hp. They tested with a 200 hpdi and reached about sixty. With a differant prop the boat should hit mid sixty’s.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sounds like a decent speed for a bass boat with such a deep hull.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Thanks JAllen,

I think its also great that Warrior is trying to get the Bass line going. It will not be perfect at first but I am guessing they will change and tweek the boat quite a bit in the first few years to get the results the were looking for on paper. Competition is great for business, if you don’t have that there is no reason to improve the product. I am just sorry that this thread was hi-jacked into a everyone vs. Ranger…but typing without thinking can be dangerous.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

JAllen – I can name a few times when I wish I was in a bass boat that had a “big-water” layout. I’m sure those boats will have their place and have their following. Anyone in the market for a new boat needs to decide what is more important to them before the purchase ie. smooth ride and less speed, rougher ride and more speed, shorter boat with less storage, longer boat with less accessibility, etc..

I also think you should post a picture one you get a locator mounted in the dash and a windshield installed. I’m sure it’ll look nice…

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I think a new player in the bass boat market has a better chance at getting a piece of the pie if they go for a niche, as Warrior seems to be trying to do, rather than just make another bass boat alternative of the same old same old. Making a “big water” bass boat may be a good niche, although I think the deepwater hull Triton bass boat was dropped this year after a year or two.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

JAllen – I can name a few times when I wish I was in a bass boat that had a “big-water” layout.

I can think of one time in particular.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I can think of one time in particular.

How about leaving Carlson’s harbor in your pop’s Champion up on mille lacs?

Umm…. Tom… we’re sinking.

Of course I don’t think any other boat would have fared any better.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

FYI

Should the “disruptive duo” return with a chronic case of gumsaflappin I only think it fair to point out that “nothere” (formerly Jason Schade) is the same guy as “Blueballs”… just under a different account. All posts made by both accounts come in under a VERY narrow range of IP’s.

Just a heads up. It should save people some time if they start to get drawn into a reply to their BS.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Thanks James. Good to know

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

“Blueballs”…

Guess that says it all.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Rangers are awesome boats. I won one at the carnival the other day. All I had to do was put the ping pong ball in the goldfish bowl. They’ll do ANYTHING to put people in those boats…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

What I really get a kick out of is a Ranger salesman ripping on a competitors boat that has vinyl flooring……..Doesn’t Ranger offer the same thing?

But of course, that was just a slip up in the technical knowldge, right!

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

OHHHHH!!! Blue that hurts!!!

jlallen

Hey guys I also wanted to post that Troy and Dan at warrior will give anyone a tour of there facility if there interested. I would post there web address but I dont know if that is against IDA rules.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No, that kind of post is fine.

JackMN

When I bought my Lund an option was a vinyl floor,I got it and am glad I did,non slip and easy to clean.JALLEN with a partner that is such a pig it would be a good choice

Dash4Cash
    Saukville, WI.

To the artist formerly known as “Blue Fleck”
    That was funny, haven’t laughed that hard in a long time, just wanted to say “Thank You” still have tears in my eyes.

CharlieBrandt

The Warrior guys should have the new 188 on the show floor within a few days. They are waiting for new windshields and new seats that will be a little different than the 208 at Cabela’s. My boat was pulled out of the mold yesterday, but it will be a few weeks before it is done. If someone is seriously interested in this boat, I would be happy to give them a ride this spring. Good or bad, we like to hear educated comments on the new boats. As for the floor, ask anyone who owns a tournament series Warrior walleye boat. The floors are not slippery. Snap-in carpet is optional on most Warrior boats, but I cannot imagine why anyone would want it. Thanks!

CharlieBrandt

The number for Warrior Boats is 320-963-5005. They are located on HWY 55 in Maple Lake, MN. Ask for Dan Klimek or Troy LaTour.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Speaking as a former Ranger owner (bought a brand new one in 1998) I can honeslty say that I would never consider buying another one. From day 1 that boat started falling apart on me. by the time I was done with it there wasn’t any part of that boat that didn’t have a stress crack on it. After it was about a year old the piece of fiberglass that divides the bottom of the driver side console and the rod locker broke free from the bottom of the boat causing substantial water damage to the floor which became soft and mushy. I ended up breaking like 3 rods in the locker because they would get hooked on something in the bow and go to pull one out and SNAP. Finally, the seats held more water than my bathtub!!! nothing like a wet everytime you sat in that thing. With regards to the 188VS. I assumed the rough ride was due to my buddy’s lack of driving skills until I got behind the wheel and the ride didn’t get any better. I’ve been driving a boat (correctly) now for many years and would like to think I know a thing or 2 about smoothing out rough water.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

My ’69 starcraft 12 fter rides smooth and catches fish better than any other bassboat!

Ok j/k, but seriously, its about catching fish right? whatever boat you have, who really cares…you get my respect for the limit you bring in

jhall
    Lake City, MN

snap in carpet??? That is cool in my opinion. I know there are days that I go out on the sand bar with my dog and the next time I push the hotfoot to the floor I peel three layers of skin off my face…and no its not because its stupid fast like bananaman’s rig. I keep saying if I ever stop fishing so many tournaments Im getting a flatts boat, the snap in carpet is somthing I would like to see as an option especially if you want to replace the carpet all together.

riverdog

How much water will this thing float in?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Anyone know if they have any of the new Warrior bass boats at the Rogers Cabela’s? And if not, when will they get one?

I’d like to check one out in person.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Ralph,

The 20′ proto was still on the Rogers show floor a couple weeks ago. I think this is the only location with one currently. I would call first.

Warrior1
    Buffalo, Mn.

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the interest in our new line. Cabelas-Rogers actually has their boat on the sales floor. I needed the one that most of you saw. The one on the floor is a different color. For those that are interested in seeing the boat, we will have both the 188 XRS and 208 XRS at the NorthWest SportShow in Mpls. in March. The dates for the show are Mar. 27- Apr.1. As both Charlie Brandt and Jeff Allen said, please feel free to contact either Dan ( my brother in law) or myself with any questions. You can also contact Charlie at Cabelas, he is in the Boat Sales Dept. Charlie’s personnal (188 XRS) boat will be done in the very near future. If anyone is interested in taking a ride, I am sure Charlie would be more than happy to do that.

For the guys that are further north, we are planning on having both boats at the show in Alexandria,Mn. That is the Minnkota Outdoors Show at the Viking Plaza mall right in Alex. The show dates are: Mar 16-18 th.

Thanks
    Troy LaTour

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I finally checked out the 208 XRS at Cabela’s today. Cool looking boat. Not sure I like the shape of the consoles, but I liked the rest of the boat. The front storage compartments are cavernous! That 250 Pro XS hanging on the back is sweet, too.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

They must have a new one on the floor. The first one had a 300xs.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.