NEW Warrior 188 TEST RUN

• timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Moose/Moss & TIM. Just thought we let you know who we are.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

This boat will turn heads….. and will also get a bunch of fishermen who are currently running the bigger name bass boats to switch over as well!!!

Wait a minute…..why am i talking about bass boats….gotta run before anyone see’s me!!!!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I will say this. The sticker on the 20 footer is awfully atractive and I like seeing a local Manufacture getting into the Bass game. Bravo for that!

What are we talking for prices? I can’t wait to see one in person.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

This boat will turn heads….. and will also get a bunch of fishermen who are currently running the bigger name bass boats to switch over as well!!!

Wait a minute…..why am i talking about bass boats….gotta run before anyone see’s me!!!!!

You are officialy a closet Bass guy. How do you feel being in the same catagory as Lip?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Quote:

What’s up with all the username changes?

wondered the same thing the other day

by the way dan, employee of the month–sucked

JackadoubleS2 was absolutley great if you like jackadoubleS to begin with. Finally got to watch it last weekend. My face kinda hurt after watching it from laughing and cringing.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

Quote:

I will say this. The sticker on the 20 footer is awfully atractive and I like seeing a local Manufacture getting into the Bass game. Bravo for that!

What are we talking for prices? I can’t wait to see one in person.

20ft 300hp xs, 36vlt trolling motor, and full of electronics including gps for 48K

I would assume that you drop the 300xs to a 250 (Name your brand) and you’ll be under 45 fully loaded.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Very rea$onable

phishirman
    Madison, WI

yeah, what a pile

as far as the boat goes, I like the idea of having a little deeper hull for the waters I fish with a bass boat layout. There is nothin worse than getting the crap kicked out of you runnin 3 foot chop. and just a dig on ranger cuz I’m a Skeeter guy. Their 188VS is THE WORST riding boat on the water. I’ve never had my jewels slapped around so much in 1 ft chop! So basically what I am trying to say is why pay 30 grand to be abused like that when the wife will do it for free

jlallen

Woops I am sorry I have started such a brew hah hah. Maybee this is what the bass boat world needed is a little face lift. We have all sat around wondering what is next. I am not looking for all the glitz and glitter of a Ranger or a Triton. I have always liked the ride of a Champion the storage of a Skeeter and the speed of a Stratos. I think this boat has little of all of this in it. Plus its own look with the deeper hull. I also have one of the messiest partners in the world(powder donuts and coke) the textured flooring is a no brainer for me

teamshady1

Quote:

yeah, what a pile

as far as the boat goes, I like the idea of having a little deeper hull for the waters I fish with a bass boat layout. There is nothin worse than getting the crap kicked out of you runnin 3 foot chop. and just a dig on ranger cuz I’m a Skeeter guy. Their 188VS is THE WORST riding boat on the water. I’ve never had my jewels slapped around so much in 1 ft chop! So basically what I am trying to say is why pay 30 grand to be abused like that when the wife will do it for free

First off, im not here to urine anyone off. but for the simple fact i cant let this one on my shoulders.

I dont know where your getting this all from, but you cant even put a WARRIOR boat in the same class, let alone sentence as a Ranger. Think about it people. its the best boat on the water, know one can fight that, and there is no boat out there that is better.

As far as you talking about the 188VS. Had to be a error on the person that was driving it. I have never heard of anyone driving a ranger that was not happy.

How the heck can you even place a SKETTER even close to a RANGER. You ever hear of the 5 Star Advantage. Tell me this, who else has that and can back up there product like that. NO ONE. Just voicing my opinion

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Jason,

I think I read above that you sell Ranger Boats?? That’s cool…and while I’m not actually a salesman, I am on Ranger Pro Staff and do work my share of boat shows.(Winona this weekend for those interested in going).

So I too know the selling points of Ranger Boats, but hammering down other boats and boat owners probably isn’t the way to push Rangers.

Now as for jewel slapping in 1ft chop? Without offending anyone, I would bet that it was operator error that was causing the rougher ride b/c I don’t know of any BASS boat on the market that couldn’t handle a mediocre chop with comfort if operated correctly.

I guess my point is, If you are going to publically associate yourself with Ranger, I would recommend taking the road of Class and Civility rather than anything that can come across negatively.

Not trying to make anyone/you upset, just my opinion as well. I’ve been down the other road, it doesn’t go anywhere unfortunetly

Thanks.

teamshady1

I totally understand that your saying. There is going to be things that you can say that ranger doesnt do right, and there are things that other manufactuors do wrong.

There are things that you can look at in all different boats, just a personal prefference. Sorry for the post, but i needed to get it off my chest.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Yup, I would not buy a boat from a guy with an attitude like that. Good thing I don’t have the bucks to buy one .

I don’t think anyone would argue that Ranger makes one of the best, if not the best bass boat on the market, but competition is what will bring us better boats. New players on the market mean fresh ideas, and I, for one, welcome it!

CentralBassman

Everyone has there opinion and thats what this website is about. We are here to talk about fishing and the tools we use. If you dont want to hear peoples .02 then dont post.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Quote:

Quote:

yeah, what a pile

First off, im not here to urine anyone off. but for the simple fact i cant let this one on my shoulders.

I dont know where your getting this all from, but you cant even put a WARRIOR boat in the same class, let alone sentence as a Ranger. Think about it people. its the best boat on the water, know one can fight that, and there is no boat out there that is better.

As far as you talking about the 188VS. Had to be a error on the person that was driving it. I have never heard of anyone driving a ranger that was not happy.

How the heck can you even place a SKETTER even close to a RANGER. You ever hear of the 5 Star Advantage. Tell me this, who else has that and can back up there product like that. NO ONE. Just voicing my opinion

Jason,

Your still not convincing me…maybe thats because I’m biased. I don’t recall there ever being a declared “best boat” so its still an opinion. The five star advantage is all of the components to make up a boat company so I disagree that its unique to Ranger. Also the biggest joke of the five star advantage is “smoothest, driest ride”…what are they comparing to???

Not tring to bash…just adding my take once again!

teamshady1

Ok so just one quesitons… Does anyone one else have the 5 Star?

teamshady1

sorry for making my comments

jlallen

WoW jason, you have alot to learn about salesmanship. My .02 cents worth!!!!!!! O YEAH do you still build them one at a time. I love the history of Ranger and thats what it is history. Slop I agree with everything you said and you have the character of a person who I could converse with. I am sure you are happy with your Ranger and lots of people are happy with theres. Thats the whats awesome about our country ,is that we have a choice of which boat we chose to buy and support. Ok I will get off my soap box

teamshady1

these are the days of our lives. Im out.

brovarney

Quote:

Jason,

I think I read above that you sell Ranger Boats?? That’s cool…and while I’m not actually a salesman, I am on Ranger Pro Staff and do work my share of boat shows.(Winona this weekend for those interested in going).

So I too know the selling points of Ranger Boats, but hammering down other boats and boat owners probably isn’t the way to push Rangers.

Now as for jewel slapping in 1ft chop? Without offending anyone, I would bet that it was operator error that was causing the rougher ride b/c I don’t know of any BASS boat on the market that couldn’t handle a mediocre chop with comfort if operated correctly.

I guess my point is, If you are going to publically associate yourself with Ranger, I would recommend taking the road of Class and Civility rather than anything that can come across negatively.

Not trying to make anyone/you upset, just my opinion as well. I’ve been down the other road, it doesn’t go anywhere unfortunetly

Thanks.

Married Life seems to be having a positive effect.

You know if you sold that Ranger you could afford tickets to take your bride to see her beloved Bears in the super bowl………

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’m not sure selling the Ranger would be enough to cover the Super Bowl trip and expenses so I did the next best thing and bought a new 47″ to watch the game on

Blueballs

Post deleted by Blueballs

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I have been in the Bass Tournament for a long time and with ranger. First off Warrior should stick with there walleye boats and stay out of bass. They make great walleye boats and leave it at that. Lund tryed this same thing and look what they did, Went back to walleyes.

I for one applaud any company that is willing to take a chance and bring a new product to market.

The perfect boat has yet to be created. I sure hope companies keep trying. Even companies without a 5 star whatever-whatever.

Blueballs

Post deleted by Blueballs

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Did you pay full price for your lobotomy or did it come packaged with the boat?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

After re-reading the entire thread it became obvious that some thing was missing. Speed numbers. As in MPH.

I’m not sure if you have it broke in yet or not but do you have any initial idea on what the top speed will be with a 250 and a tournament load?

A comment on the textured fiberglass floor… I had the same in a yar-craft storm BT. I fished it heavily during the winter and even with some snow on the fiberglass I never found it to provide any less traction than the carpeted areas. Basically once the snow built up and got packed down the snow on the carpet was just as slippery as the snow on the glass. A plus for that type of surface was cleaning up dirt, etc. A downside was black scuff-marks from boots / shoes. The black rubber from soles would get down into the textured surface and was a pain to remove. I switched to shoes with a light colored sole and “all was good.”

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

After re-reading the entire thread it became obvious that some thing was missing. Speed numbers. As in MPH.

I’m not sure if you have it broke in yet or not but do you have any initial idea on what the top speed will be with a 250 and a tournament load?

James,

Per the sales man at cabelas. The 20 ft’ with a 300xs will run somwhere around 67-68mph with a full load. My assumption is that dropping down to a 250 will change these numbers by maybe 3-5mph depending on set up.

Not the fastest rig on the market. But still good numbers for the hull design. It will be interesting to see if these numbers hold up when more guys get in them.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.