NEW Warrior 188 TEST RUN

• fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

J did they have a conversion kit on that boat to hand the Yami? I was under the impression that these are set up for mercs.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Graphics look similair to a Pro-Craft. Is that boat made for bigger water? The sides look pretty tall.

Looks cold…but it’s open water !

CentralBassman

yea im with D-nort, It does look alot like a procraft. From what i have seen on them and have heard is that they have the same hull on them as they do on there walleye boats. One thing i dont like is there is alot of wasted space inside of them!!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Is this your boat Jeff??????

jlallen

First off, this boat has little to no wasted space. You must be thinking of a differant boat. Second I dont believe this boat used any conversion kit for yamaha. Third this is kind of a hybrid boat, it is built to handle lakes like Mille Lacs etc. etc. This boat handels like it is on rails even though it is a little deeper than most. They are still tweaking with the weight a little bit to try and get some extra mph’s out of her. Fourth, yes Cal I hope to have this one on the water by april

CentralBassman

If this is the boat that on cabelas show floor then yea ive seen it!!!

CentralBassman

hey does the motor have to be on a jack plate then or???

jlallen

Well I am not here to get into a arguement but I was just wondering where you saw the wasted space. Was it the 3 foot deep middle storage or was it the five compartments not including the livewells in the back. OOO it must have been the huge rod storage. LOL I am just sayin that this boat has just as much if not more storage space as most boats.

jlallen

Nope mitch you can run it on a manual or a hydr. Its up to the buyer.

CentralBassman

I’m not here for that im just addin my .02 The one i seen it make it seem like the storage is really deep in the back like a ranger or triton but is wasnt it was really shallow and in the front it seems like they cut the storge when they could just have one big door insted of alot of little ones. Your boat is different then the one i seen. Just my though when i looked at it.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sorry J I wasn’t trying to take this in the wrong Direction. My motor question was just for clarification.

For one I am impressed with what they have done. The 20 ft rig is well laid out. The coouncils look alitte different. But once I got on the deck and saw all the extra room I understood the design.

Warrior seems to be diong some great work. I hope te get out to the plant before spring and check things out.

Chris

jlallen

I know, it is hard to grasp what angle people are coming from, just reading and trying to guess

jlallen

The guys at warrior are really trying hard not to be like all the rest. They realize that not everything they do will be perfect, but forums like this can really help get the pulse of the guys on the water who really know what works and does not work. I personally want to have a differant boat than most. I pull up to ramp and see the same boats just a differant color. This boat will be a nice change of pace. They hope to have this boat at the Rogers Cabela’s in a couple weeks so I hope to see you there

phishirman
    Madison, WI

any idea what they are getting out of this boat for top speed with a 200 on the back?

CentralBassman

Yea i can understand the new ideal.. Like i said was just add my .02

teamshady1

They have the new warrior bass boat there. Im sorry, but as a salesman, selling rangers, it wouldnt be hard to pick this boat apart.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

My first impression of the bow stems from the uncarpeted area(s). I’m not a fan of that. Fiberglass can be slippery, and I’d like to have all the traction I can get.

To me those areas need to have carpet.

teamshady1

thats is correct. Dont seem safe if yout going to step there and reach down, you know ur goign into the water for a wet bath

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Quote:

thats is correct. Dont seem safe if yout going to step there and reach down, you know ur goign into the water for a wet bath

a wet bath…it would be just like riding in a Ranger then right???

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

a wet bath…it would be just like riding in a Ranger then right???

wet? Only in her pan….. oops, Family site

I’m thinking from the pics posted the drivers and passengers seats look a little on the hard side.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

If you haven’t walked/stepped on that floor, you can’t judge it and compare it to carpet. Non-carpeted floors, such as this generally have a textured coating and it isn’t slippery at all.

And, it doesn’t get hot either, like dark carpet!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

They have the new warrior bass boat there. Im sorry, but as a salesman, selling rangers, it wouldnt be hard to pick this boat apart.

Any one can pick apart a manufacture, boat or person. How about the glitz and glimmer that Ranger charges an extra arm and a leg for? As he stated. Warrior is doing somthing different. It’s not a Ranger, Triton, Stratos ect.. (Thats pretty aparant from the hull design.) I like my 201 you like the Z series blah blah blah.

I will say this. The sticker on the 20 footer is awfully atractive and I like seeing a local Manufacture getting into the Bass game. Bravo for that!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

If you haven’t walked/stepped on that floor, you can’t judge it and compare it to carpet. Non-carpeted floors, such as this generally have a textured coating and it isn’t slippery at all.

And, it doesn’t get hot either, like dark carpet!

Not sure why I am defending this rig again. Like gary stated above. The floor is textured and was far from a concern to me. It’s an odd look but I actually like th idea of less carpet to hold sand stains ect… One of my fishing partners runs a salt water flats boat. When your done all you have to do is spray it off. (Makes life easy.) I would be the first to look at an all composit deck.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

The boat is all new. Give it and the manufacture a chance. Rome was not bulit in a day. Every manufacture has gone through there ups and downs and learned from there mistakes.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

What’s up with all the username changes?

waterfowler99
    Midwest

Quote:

What’s up with all the username changes?

wondered the same thing the other day

by the way dan, employee of the month–sucked

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.