Ike – Love him or hate him……..

• fluker

Love him or hate him, he’s a great guy. Through all the antics, the story that sticks with me is from Shaw Grigsby. At a seminar, Shaw was up after Ike to present. As Ike walked off, he started talking to a small kid when Shaw walked up to present. An hour later, when Shaw walked off, Ike was STILL talking to the same kid and showing him fishing skills. Maybe he’s outta control sometimes, but underneath it all I think he’s one of the best ambassadors to our sport.

** Picture below. (Thanks Blue!) **

Thanks,

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Here’s the pic Fluker!

I agree with you Fluker. He may be a little “spontaneous”, but he’s proven his fishing skills time & time again.

One thing is for sure. There’s a huge difference between a loud mouthed braggard who catches fish, and a loud mouthed braggard…

rick-robinson
    Dundee, Iowa

My son and I meet him at the Elite 50 last year in Wisconsin. The last morning of the tournament spent a 2 or 3 hours signing and talking to several kids. He would ask some kids to sign his tackle boxes before he would autograph there things. A little loud & a little wild, but a good guy.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Ike at Wissota w/some kids of other JL members.

blue_perch
    Sparta WI

He is by far my favorite bass fisherman. He brings so much excitement to the sport. You never know what he is going to do next. He is so much more fun to watch than the older crowd of bass fishermen. He did screw up with the flag pole kicking deal, but we all screw up. He was in the heat of battle and passions were running high. Ike is a great ambassador to the sport. He is bringing great things to the sport.

Todd_NE

Love or Hate is too strong.

I probably dislike his personna but like him if that makes sense.

Either way, we are talking about him, that’s the goal.

Give me a day with KVD, Brauer, etc.

Todd

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

At my last tournament (Citco Bassmaster Northern Tour) I decided to fish it as a co-angler so I could learn a little bit about the area. I was fortunate enough to make the day 3 cut, but better yet, I got to fish with Fred Roumbanis on the final day. Fred is a pretty cool dude. Yes…we talked about his LaCrosse Stren Series win last year , but spent a lot of time talking about IKE because Roumbanis rooms with him. They share a room during all the FLW’s, BASS Elite Series and BASS Tour.

Fred told me there is one thing FOR SURE… IKE will make anybody feel like they haven’t practiced hard enough. He said IKE believes if he can get on the water before dark and leave the water after dark he can get a full extra day of practice in even though everyone else is there for the same amount of days…

Fred and IKE also roomed with Ish Monroe, but I think that has ended recently… .

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

If you haven’t read his book, I would suggest doing so.

danwi
    westby wi

I wouldnt walk across the street to see him or spend a dime on his book,but i dont hate him

birddog
    Mn.

When I’m at the store and I see a child throwing a temper tantrum and having a complete melt down …I think of “IKE”. Infact I’ve started to use the term “going Ike”.

He’s like the kid in grade school that started crying and screaming, blood pressure through the roof, face looking like a ripe tomato ready to burst because his team lost the kickball tourny. Remember that kid? I think we all do.

Good fisherman, NO doubt.

Yep…Hate him. Although he’s been a good boy lately, unfortunatly he won’t be able to hide that spaz gene forever.

BIRDDOG

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I bought his book last year and took it up to Wissota on day 4.He was very cordial and signed it for me.I don’t appreciate all his antics,but I certainly respect him for his drive and ability.His image that he’s created really works for him in a pro-wrestling kind of way.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

IKE has a goofy smile…
    (I better not make fun of anyone… )

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

Quote:

If you haven’t read his book, I would suggest doing so.

i would agree with B.C. his book is awsome! meeting him at wisota was pretty neat, he even talked to me for a little while on the last day.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Love him.

He’d better quit slumping soon, though. AOY is getting tight.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.