Pool 4 Whities!

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey bassers!

Just fished down to Wabasha on Pool 4 for the first time in a couple weeks. We’ve got white bass up to our rear ends down there right now! Above and below wingdams seem to be the areas holding the most fish and on Thursday they never really stopped busting bait on the surface. Top water is the preferred presentation…. we threw tails and cranks but a small chugger or popper took the most fish hands down. There are some smallie working these same areas but if you show on a day when the whites are really tearing it up, the smallies never get to take a second look at your bait before the whites are all over it.

The area near Slippery’s seems to be the center of the white bass action right now. Grab your kids and go fish! There’s NEVER a better time to introduce new or inexperienced fisherpeople to the sport than when these fish are really on the chew.

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

LeoKam
    Camp Lacupolis, MN

James, the wingdams in the Reads Landing area plus the mouth of the Chip was also very productive the past week. The water was just boiling with fish. Every cast seem to produce a bass. The only time the action slowed down was when the game warden came by Tuesday evening and checked my license and livewell. This surprized me as I’m used to seeing them checking only on weekends. Glad to find out they’re doing their job at any time.

Anonymous

Same thing on pool 8 along I-35 there just mowing shad and chasing little minnows all over the place. Just throw rattle traps at the school and its a fish every cast.

Steve HougomFTR Webstaff

brian
    Southern MN

Seen whities bustin the surface on pool 4 from the lake north up into the river all over. Didn’t really have to pay attention to the seagulls–just watch the surface.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.