Congrats to Fishnut!

• fluker

This isn’t a MS River Bass post, but fishnut is a regular here and friends to many of you, so I thought I’d post.

Yesterday on Waconia, Fishnut brought in a 5 fish limit weighing 25.00 lbs to win. This shattered our old club record for heaviest 5 fish limit! What a sack of toads!

Mr Riverfan Stears himself finished a very respectable 2nd with 19.90 lbs.

This goes to show you that hard work pays off. These 2 guys are 2 of the hardest working fisherman I’ve ever met. They put in the time and effort to be succesful, and it shows!

Good job!!!!
    Fluker

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Congrats to all your guys on your big weights. Way to go Fishnut on a 25 pound sack. That’s huge ANYWHERE.

A little birdie told me Mr Modest aka Fluker also had a very big bag with 19+ pounds. Nice work yourself Chuck!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats to both of those Gentleman.

2 Very Nice Baskets.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Great job guys. Those are some incredible weights!

memo to Lil Ripper: Stay out of the Bass Forum…

scottys
    Eagan, MN

Great job Fishnut

fishnut

Wow, what an awesome day! Never thought I’d see the day that a guy would have to throw back a 4.3# fish. The day before in practice, I had one that went over 6#’s. We had alot of spots to pound on, but there were 3 that were key areas. Outside weedlines in about 12 to 14′ of water with a 4″ worm. You never seen fish that fought so darn hard either. I’d like to thank my partner for the day (Hollywood Holets) for letting me due my thing the whole day when I know his real passion is the shallow stuff. Thanks to Riverfan for getting me hooked on deep weedlines over 12 years ago, the excitement and the mystery of trying to read what’s under the water. Rick Billings for turning me on to a jig worm, and the rest of the guys from Zumbro Valley Bassmasters for always being a great group of guys to fish with and call friends. I learn something from everyone of them no matter how much experience they have. If anyone out their is thinking about joining a club to become a better angler, don’t wait, jump in with both feet and get ready for the learning curve to take off. Never lost a fish all day from any mechanical errors, and everyone that I hooked up on, eventually, made it to the boat. I’m still glowing today! Fishnut

blue_perch
    Sparta WI

Way to go!! That kind of weight is unheard of up here. Those deep weed lines kick .That is the kind of day I dream of. Congrats on a great day.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

You never seen fish that fought so darn hard either.

Our club commented on the same things. The bass in Waconia for some reason fight like a runaway locomotive. 2 pounders feel like 4, 4 like 6. I’ll have to take your word for what a 6 pounder fights like.

Once again, excellent job.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.