Question on Moss Bosses

• greg

Do you tie your line directly to the hole right in the lure itself or do you use a snap swivel or something else? I had been using a snap swivel and the darn thing bent when it hooked into a lily pad and let the lure free!! Luckily, my moss boss was sitting right on the pad!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I tie it to the snap that is provided with the lure in the pack. I wouldn’t put a swivel on there, i never ever use a swivel for anything unless line twist is a major concern. Never had a problem with the snap opening. was it and older snap that was maybe a little worn out?

greg

Actually, I’m pretty sure the thing didn’t come with a snap! This is the first time I used this particular lure and I just bought the thing last season. That’s why I added the swivel. Do bait shops commonly sell snaps that would work on the Moss Boss? Just curious, as I’m fairly new at slop fishing…what depths are you in? I’ve seen pads in anywhere from less than a foot and up to 4 feet or more. Are you seeing bass prefer a certain depth in slop or do they move around?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I also tie directly on the snap that’s on the lure when you open it. In my experiences depth hasn’t been a real big factor.

Shallow or deeper, when they are in the slop and feeding they

hammer it! I’ve also caught some bonus pike on them also. It’s a blast. Pike miss it quite a bit, but they sure go after it.

Wait until you feel the fish before you cross it’s eyes.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Greg, I have most of my luck in the shallower slop although there has been times when deeper weeds produced. I think at this time of year if you find a place where current flows into a slop field the majority of fish will be located there. Another thing to look for is either minnows jumping or fish feeding in the weeds. A bass that active is usually catchable even if it takes you a couple of minutes to get to them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.