Pool 10 Report

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Found fishing to be tough today. The river level seems to be rising. Found some fish again in heavy weeds with some current going through them. Most fish were caught dragging moss mouses and Mississippi Swampers across the slop. The spinnerbait bite was slow for us again. I haven’t tried fishing wooded banks with current. Has anyone else tried fishing the wood lately?

Did manage to catch a 35 inch northern on a creek inlet.

BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

HELLO SAY WHAT IS A MISSISSIPPI SWAMPERS LURE

JUST WONDERING WHERE TO FIND THEM THANX!!!!!!

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Basstracker, they’re made by Schutts Industries. They resemble a boss moss except instead of the hard plastic they are a soft plastic. One advantage of these lures are that they are heavier so they cast well and will drag the thick cover better than a boss moss. I also think the strike to hook ratio is better because of the soft plastic.

greg

What color do you most often use? I might have to get one of them!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

The river was definitely rising, water was some muddier, and current was faster on 5a this weekend. We did manage to catch 18 or 20 bass, but the action was slower, we were out from 5:45 to 1:00. Almost all the fish were caught in the slop. The average size of the fish was also smaller than what we had been catching the last two Saturdays. We tried a few wooden banks with current. Caught zippo on them this weekend, did get a couple last weekend though. Grass near current was good this weekend.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Greg, I usually go with either black or white. I don’t know if color is real important in the real heavy slop. I think the bass hit at the movement more than anything. A few years back a buddy and I even caught some on a pink mouse. I think the most important thing is that you have confidence in what your throwing.

BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

I was still wondering were to find those swampers i live here in praire area thanx alot!! Bass bite is very good up here

fishing points! Won a tour. in pool 9 sunday with 12lbs.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Basstracker, I just found out today that my source for the Swampers no longer carries them. They still have Slop Hogs and Boss Hogs which are similiar. Call me at 608-723-7709 or contact me privately if your still interested.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.