Pool 16 4/30

• bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

We had our first ABA district 46 tourney on pool 16 yesterday. Water was in the process of dropping fast and then we got about 24 hours of straight rain and cold temps. Fishing for me was good- 8 keepers and about 30 short fish- most of course 13-13.75 , nothing over 16″/2.35 but my best 5 (10.23 lbs)were good enough for the win. Most of the fish I caught and every one I weighed came on a super hog by zoom (variations of green pumpkin). I caught 2 keepers on a chatterbait (green pumpkin) and one keeper on a brovarney swim jig- 1/4 oz gil color. Spinnerbaits got bites, but they were the short variety for me. The fish were shallow for me but near a drop and relating to brush and wood, even a small twig seemed to hold at least a short fish. Bites were light but they held onto it well. I think most of the other guys got fish on plastics and jigs also. Pool 16 suffered a lot from the 93 flood and many of the backwaters are silted in and lack depth and any structure changes, and the aquatic weed growth also was affected so there isnt much to fish other than wood, and I believe many wintering/spawning areas were affected also- but there seems to be plenty of 11-13″ fish so maybe it will rebound.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.