Lucky CRAP…CRAFT???

• BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

I purchased quite a bit of Lucky Craft this spring and put them to the test this past weekend and was not pleased. I have never used Lucky Craft prior to this but assumed that with a $16.00 price tag, I would be getting a great product.

After a few hours of use, my Lucky Craft Lipless Crankbaits had no eyes and pieces of the finish were coming off on TWO baits. I have used Bill Lewis Rattle-Traps for the past few years and this never happens so quickly…especially without catching any fish ( ).

I have been searching around for contact information of Lucky Craft but have been unsuccesful…their website has no “contact me” link. I don’t have any of the lure packages left to see if they’re on their but assume they’re not. If anyone has a telephone number, mailing address or email address of Lucky Craft…let me know.

I want to have a chat with them.

I was fishing in Winneconne for two days with a fellow IDA member, HornyToad and we both got schooled. I caught one LM, which was a debatable snag () and about a 20 lb carp. HornyToad caught a Sheepshead…and a sunburn We both lost a fish because we didn’t have our drags set…first time out for the year.

-Dusty

skineboy
    Red Wing, MN

Basshog,
    Go to the for dealer part on the page and then on the bottom right of that page it says feedback and there is a form you can fill out. Hope this helps.

Skineboy

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

Thanks Chad

Has anyone else had bad experiences with Lucky Craft and their finishes?

kris_brantner
    My river

yes the eyes are just glued in there. they usually dont fall out unless you are hitting your bait against the water to get the weeds off or if you cast and hit something. the only place where the finish comes off of mine is where the hooks hit against the body but you will have that with im afraid to say any, crankbait with trebles

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

I sent an email to them…will let you know what comes of it.
    -Dusty

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

I sent an email to them…will let you know what comes of it.
    -Dusty

If you guys will loan me some cash I will go out and buy a few and let you know.

Outkastconnor
    Royalton, MN

I have had simialr problems with those baits YOu would think that a bait that costs 3 times what the other s do would be able to withstand a little abuse. Slapping that “Sammy” on the water to get weeds off has taken the eyes and paint off three different times for me.

I understand that this bait has definite benefits to it. Unique colors, great action, but does anyone really believe that this bait will oad the boat when nothing else will?

kris_brantner
    My river

about 2 weeks ago i outfished my partner who was using a smithwick and i was using a pointer about 4-1. like every bait it has its time and place. one nice thing about the lcs is that you can cast them a miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile

GNFISN

I cant imagine spending over 5 bucks on a crank – Check out the “do it yourself ” (add hooks) Baits from Stamina . Same thing , minus the media & sponsorship B.S. – ( somebody has to pay for his hairdoo and that cute yellow windshield on Skeet Reeses’ Champion.)

BBBane
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I fished with Riverfan a few years back, and I stayed
    neck and neck with his “Secret” Rogue, with my LC Pointer.
    He warned me that I would donate my $15 jeckbait to a
    toothy critter, and it took almost the whole day for that
    prediction to come true. Are LC baits worth the money?
    I guess if you think you catch more fish, with them, it
    does. Somedays I believe they get bit the most, and other
    days, something else does, and that something else usually
    has a smaller price tag. As for loosing eyes, and
    maring the finish, if one is slapping the bait on the
    water, to clear it of debris, my expectations would be
    at the very least, the finish would be scared. I would
    be more concerned about effecting the action, with that
    kind of treatment. I don’t slap baits on the water,
    whether it is $3 bargain bin Bandit, or a $15 LC, for a
    variety of reasons. I guess the only benefit I can see
    to that practice, is some feel the splash “Calls” fish.
    I am skeptical.

Good Luck with the Lucky Craft complaint. I will be waiting
    to hear their response.

Big Bass Bane

larsonmat
    Mondovi, WI

Dustin your biggest problem was using Lucky Craft and not Megabass . Just kidding, I love Lucky Craft baits and outside of where the treble hits the bait haven’t had any problems with the finish. Have had a few eyes come off from hitting rocks but that happens with any bait.

Matt

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

i could never see payin that much for a crankbait, and its good thing if that happends, i think ill stick with my mann’s and bandits. they dont seem to chip paint, lost a few eyes before but thats from beatin them into rocks.
    -Aaron

riverfan
    MN

I’m one of the biggest skeptics on the site but I have to admit I’ve seen the Pointer’s and other top dollar lures pay for themselves. I’ve got a box labeled “ TOL” That has my MegaBass ect., that I use sparingly. The best advice I can add is start cheep and change baits till the fish tell you what they want.

John

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.