pool 4 or 5 fishing

• mikemac10
    Eau Claire, WI

Hey I am new here. I am going to be doing some fishing on the river on pools 4 or 5 for bass. Does anyone know any good areas for both largemouth or smallmouth in the next week or so. Also what types of baits work good this time of year on the river? Thanks.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Mike Mac,
    Right now the bass are just starting to get pretty active. I have been most successful with a white spinner bait and swimming jig. I have focused on the shallow back bays that run about 2-4 feet in depth with little water movement.
    You will also find your share of pike back there as well and they are also pounding the bait.
    Good luck!

mikemac10
    Eau Claire, WI

I know there are a lot of places that are like what you described on the river, 2-4 feet backwater bays. Is there any particular structure that the bass will prefer like rocks, logs, or weeds so I can narrow my search? What about smallmouths, will they be back in the backwaters too?

jigwormer
    MN

I was down there saturday and spinnerbaits white and char. was the ticket! almost all the fish we caught were in 2-8 ft of backwater. have fun!!

mikemac10
    Eau Claire, WI

Do I want to be in places that have some current or no current at all? Where can I find some smallmouths, will they bite the spinnerbaits too or what would work to catch them?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.