Root river

• JimW
    SE MN

Anyone fishing for smallmouth on the Root river lately? I hope I’m not the only one(well, I guess that would’n’t be all that bad) fishing/catching smallhogs! Just curious how everyone else is doing? If it’s not the Root river how about other smallmouth action on other rivers(rivers you can wade)!? Keep the rods bendin’!!! Jim W

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Too bad I can’t get there from pool 4. Would help me in the BFL coming up. Will get a hold of you in next few weeks about going to Vermillion. Was on Pepin yesterday for family outing. Fished 1 hr out of 6. Got 2 small fish in between retying and untangling kids lines. Had a great time! Lots of boats. Never seen so many boats..big and small. Even swam in the lake! Couldn’t believe how dirty some parts were. Put in at Maple Springs and water very low for that 20ft bass boat. Have to put in at Lake City next Time. Vermillion may be too low to get into. Can’t believe how low water dropped to. Lots of wing dams showing down by Wabasha. Must have opened gates on pool 5 because water flowing pretty fast. I also noticed Pepin has tons of small shad schools everywhere! Doesn’t help the bite. How is the level at the Root?

JimW
    SE MN

Levels are perfect, clarity more to be desired, but on it’s way!! Sounds like you did the right thing taking the kids fishing!!! Great way to demonstrate why we fish along with demonstrating patience!!! Jim W

PS. Ended up in the ER Friday evening to remove a treble out of my thumb after catching a 3lb smally. Not fun having a hook in your thumb with an anxious smally hanging and dangling from it!!!! Tried yanking it out, but it was just too deep!!! All is well!

Edited by Jim W on 07/09/01 04:02 PM.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Guess you could say you were “Hooked on fishing”! HA!HA!HA! ha…ha………………….. ok i’ll go back to my corner.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.