Plastic Worms

• flick
    Alma WI

What Colors has everyone done well on before? I have always done really good on Tequilla Sunrise an Red Shad for bass..

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Flick,
    Are you guy’s still hittin the Smallies as hard as you did a few weeks ago? I have not seen a river report lately. Perhaps I just missed it, but how has it been going?

flick
    Alma WI

Haywood,
    A few smallies have been coming to the boat but not as good as there were earlier this spring…There in there for just a couple weeks every year when the water is up spawning….Its obviously there spawning grounds cause they come back there every year…My dad has been catchin them down there for over 30years..However I have been gettin into some pretty good largie action..

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

For worms I like rad shad with green glitter. For craws I like a bluish one and then pumpkin and orange claws.
    Bass Boy

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

My goto color has always been JuneBug for worms, I just have the most confidence in that one. Purple with bluke or sliver fleck, red shad, and plain black have also been favorites of mine. I have never been a big watermelon color user, but alot of people seem to like them, so I may give it a shot.

Flick: what types of cover have the largies been keying on? Weeds, wood, or a bit of everything? Just got back from a 10 day vacation, and am getting out this weekend for the first time in a long time. Nice to know the river is going to be coffee and cream brown!!

bass addict
    Eagan, MN

Over the years I have done the most damage with blue/black.
    It’s probably as much a confidence thing as it is a color thing.

flick
    Alma WI

Mossboss,
    I have been finding the largemouth along a rip rap bank in the backwaters next to deep water….I have also been findin them on Sand flats with some coontails on them next to deep water….Hope this Helps..

basspack
    PdC, WI.

I tend to like dark colors like black and purple, but have had good success with lighter colors with watermelon flakes. I pounded both largemouth and smallies Wednesday and Thursday this week on black powerworms on texas rigs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.