Any bass biting up Pool 5a way?

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Heading up there tomorrow, just wondering if the river is down and the bass are up?

DONOTDELETE

I boated Pool 5a last Saturday. I didn’t do much fishing. Very high water conditions with not much for banks. Water has been coming down fast since then. Conditions should improve as it will elsewhere when the water finally settles into summer flow conditions. Good luck. We’d like to hear what you do!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Went out on 5a yesterday. Action was OK to slow, I was doing alot of scouting, so I can’t totally gauge how good it was. Water was down, but still high enough to give the fish plenty of hiding spots. Caught a 18 inch LM bass that was absolutely the fattest bass I have ever caught. Thing must be eating well. Caught it on a spinner bait tossed right next to a HUGE beaver house, with 4 beavers actually swimming around it at the time. Those young beavers are so cute, one followed the boat for about 25 yards away from the hut, just curious and not scared. Those experiences are what makes fishing great.

BTW, my dad loves walleye fishing, so we also trolled for walleyes for an hour. 3 small walleye, and 1 18 incher, and a 13 inch sauger.

I also caught a 27 inch Northern without hooking it!! It hit at my Chug Bug, the line got caught in the corner of its mouth, and I landed it before it bit through the line. 12 lb. P-Line CXXX is some REALLY abrasion resistant line!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.