2001 WI MR B.A.S.S. TOURNEY

• jedsall
    Dover Ohio

Join Me in congratulating Brian Brecka, of the Buffalo City Bassmasters. He won the 2001 “MR Bass” Tournament in Prarie Du chiene Wisconsin this weekend, Fishing terrible conditions. He caught 11.8 lbs with 5 fish. Brian got a nice check, and has won a spot in the B.A.S.S. “top 150” in the co-angler division, if he makes the choice to go.

Way to go Brian!

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Just curious how did Brian catch his fish and where were the fish located. If you know. My family and I have a cabin in Prairie Du Chien and I am looking for some advice for this upcoming weekend.
    Thanks,
    Bass Boy

BrianB

Jim was correct when he said conditions were difficult. High and dirty water is never fun to fish. Water levels are coming down so things should improve. Banks will redevelop and backwaters will reappear.

Check out the upper ends of backwaters where slightly cleaner water may be. There’s a lot of water to cover in Pool 10. If you search long enough and have a little luck, you’ll find a spot that holds fish. Like fishing any other time, being in the right spot at the right time will put fish in your boat.

fishpig

way to go brian. congratulations. just hope your horse shoe falls out for one tourny. if you have any tip’s on how to catch any fish for friday let me know. FISHPIG.

Edited by fishpig on 06/27/01 09:59 PM.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.