Mississippi R, pool 5a, 6 and 7

• Bigboy65

I have to become familiar with pools 5a, 6 and 7 for a TOC in early September. I only have three days left to spend on this water and need to be as efficient as possible. Which of the three pools has the best potential for the largest weight of either Smallmouth or Largemouth. If you are familiar with these pools please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance guys!

mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Pool 5 would be a good bet, but Im sure there are big boys in all of them.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Should have until the 16th to Practice.
    Rules, 14-days prior to the Friday prior to Labor Day.

TOC Rules

On another note, Don’t burn the fish. Find them and leave them. I’ve. seen guys & heard their stories about pre-fishing for the TOC find a good spot in the official practice, catch a few, then keep fishing and sticking 30+ bass looking for the big’en, then wonder WTF they can’t catch a fish in those spots during the tourney.

Check reports from the Elite series tourney in LaCrosse both last year and this year.

Don’t be afraid to try something non-conventional as those fish will see quite a few baits, so something different may get more attention than the same old stick or crank bait.

In 03 I caught 30-40 short (Less than 14″, per Tourney Rules) fish each day, with only 1-keeper. Watched as a field of 100+ had >30% Zero for the Tourney.

Good Luck

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Quote:

I have to become familiar with pools 5a, 6 and 7 for a TOC in early September. I only have three days left to spend on this water and need to be as efficient as possible. Which of the three pools has the best potential for the largest weight of either Smallmouth or Largemouth. If you are familiar with these pools please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance guys!

You got to figure out which fish you want to target. If largemouth is what you want 5a is the better pool. If you want smallies then 6 is the best pool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.