Quick Pool 7 Bass Report – 05.05.12

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

My Dad, Daughter Mattison & I slipped out this afternoon for a quick fishing adventure before the rains roared back in. We were greeted at the ramp with a river that had dirtied dramatically since our last outing on Thursday. Honestly, I was surprised to see the river that dirty. As it was, we weren’t going to let a little chocolate milk ruin our time out, so we headed straight for Lake Onalaska knowing we’d find something out there a little cleaner.

Our first spot we tried produced a few nice LM Bass and one real toad that came unbuttoned at the boat. These fish were caught on swim jigs and senkos.

Our 2nd spot also produced a few fish on the same baits including this nice big one being held by Mattison in the 1st picture.

It wasn’t too long after we slipped that last LM Bass back in the water that Mother Nature gave us a thunderous hint that we should make our way back to shore. It was a short but quite productive trip out on the water. The guys showing up to fish the BFL should have a great time fishing if they’re able to find some water that isn’t too dirty.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Great job Dad and Grandad.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Nice report Blue. Way to go Matty-looks like you had the hot stick today

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice going Donaldson’s

With the extended forecast it might be awhile before we see the water clearing up any. It is suppose to rain for the rest of our lives.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.