Alma on Friday..

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

my Nephew took me out fishing by Alma on Friday.. it was my first day out.. We really struggled at first to connect.. the bass weren’t on a weed pattern per se’. and I tried to get a frog bite going to no effect..

Well this kid is a wiz on that stupid swim jig.. another bane for me.. and slowly we pieced together a nice day.. He ended up with 8 keepers all in the 2 1/2 range.. plus two really nice walleyes on a swim jig..

current was the key.. I kept throwing my jig out there as well.. finally I put on a 3/8’ths jig that Randy Weiland gave me.. and I stuck an northern.. … after 8 hours of getting schooled, I just sat and watched him.. and I think that I came up with my problem for these lures.. I AM reeling on water impact like a spinner bait.. and he was dropping the jig.. and then reeling.. so finally I started dropping my jig on the last rock pile that we fished.. and was rewarded with a nice smallie.. well at least that jig has got the stink on it now.. its ready to go fishing this week.. hopefully I will get out in my own backyard here in LaCrosse..

Thanks Jeff.. you are a great addition to the family.. I hope that you do well today..

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Good to hear you were able to get out. A key, like with any bait, is to work the entire water column. Sometimes they are up high…and sometimes belly to the bottom.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.