Bar Stool Fishing:

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

How about this?
    Not only can you continue to solve the worlds problems from your bar stool, but you can catch walleyes while watching
    the big screen at the same time.
    Multi-tasking at its finest!

Bar Stool Fishing

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Now THAT is Minnesota!

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

That’s pretty awesome.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Joel, when you opening a franchise of that on Lake WI??

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I’m scouting for a place with better eelpout fishing to setup my bar.

Fisherpaul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

I’m scouting for a place with better eelpout fishing to setup my bar.

Sounds good. Always wanted to try and catch one!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The Igloo is cool but the owners at Zippel are THEE most un-friendly people I’ve ever come across.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The Igloo is cool but the owners at Zippel are THEE most un-friendly people I’ve ever come across.

Joel will raise the bar on customer service here in WI.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Me and the wife will be fishing out of Zippel Bay 2 weeks from today. We’re doing the shallow water (15 to 20ft) sleeper house with a deep water (30+ft) day house. I know we’ll visit the Igloo bar too

Aside from checking in and checking out, we should be on our own so I’m not too worried about hospitality (they have been good on the phone with answering questions so far)

This is our first trip to LOTW, my main concern is catching fish.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

At Zippel they fish shallow in the AM and PM. You usually go out to deep water for the mid day bite. Zippel is a good area for pike and don’t be afraid to set a tip-up just a foot or two deep. Zippel is kinda in the middle of nowhere so make sure you stock up in Baudette. Wheelers point has a couple places to get items, Gas, Bait, Beer, some groceries.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

thanks for the info. I thought she mentioned that they sell bait at their resort on the phone, is that not correct?. We were planning to get that and our licenses there.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

They do sell bait there. My problem with that is, most all other resorts include bait with the package and when you get up in the morning you pick up your bait bucket and your off and running. At Zippel its not included – No big deal, but in the morning when everyone wants to get out on the ice you have to wait in line while everyone fills their minnow bucket.(and they are not in a hurry to serve you). Make sure you have minnows bought the night before, it will get you on the lake faster.
    FYI – They open the resort at 7:00 am, not 6:59!
    Gold Frosties work great.

D. Walker
    Lakeville MN

Me and a couple of buds stopped in at the igloo bar one night about 3 years ago. We didn’t actually fish but we did drink beer and talk smart. Fun times!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.